Credit/Criticism

Credit/Criticism

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

I give credit where credit is due, and [b:365667c1a8]criticism, as is not only every customer's right to do, but something they should do, for the good of all involved[/b:365667c1a8]....I'm not sure who agrees with that statement but I as a small business owner live by it... In my store I like to hear of our good, [b:365667c1a8]but need, an absolute must, is to hear about our bad. [/b:365667c1a8]

And when a customer feels for one reason or another they've not been treated with courtesy, or treated fairly, or when ill-fitting shoes cause blisters on their child's feet.....when its perhaps the second or third time something goes wrong, [b:365667c1a8]I don't blame them for being less than constructive in voicing their concerns.
[/b:365667c1a8]
So yes my criticism here is not nearly as constructive or patient as it was, or could be, because the things that frustrate me are rooted in the same couple of issues that have been a unfixed concern for a long time...and compounding my frustration are these issues are easily fixed imo.
nevdully's

Postby Badjam » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 am

I understand the years of compounded frustration. I also agree with many of yours and others complaints brought up in the past. I think this time though we can put that aside for a little bit because of all of the extra work involved in starting a new site from scratch. If we don't see progress in a reasonable amount of time, maybe a month or two, well then pile on. But for now, let Bernie plug away at the work he has at hand. We all know there are a lot of things for him to work on and can't get it all at once. Many of the features we like and now miss are things that got inserted spread out over the past years. I'm not a computer geek but my guess is that all of those things are not easy to insert quickly into this new version of the game.
Badjam

Postby The Last Druid » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Not to mention all the heat we take for just pointing things out. I think it is safe to say that you are a very bad man Michael. And I, of course, are the understudy for the Prince of Darkness. :lol: :roll:
The Last Druid

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 pm

Just the understudy?
nevdully's

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 pm

[quote:6d65dbf056="nevdully's"]Just the understudy?[/quote:6d65dbf056]
Nice :lol:
ADRIANGABRIEL

Postby Salty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:48 pm

[quote:71e81b9262="Petrosian"]Not to mention all the heat we take for just pointing things out. I think it is safe to say that you are a very bad man Michael. And I, of course, are the understudy for the Prince of Darkness. :lol: :roll:[/quote:71e81b9262]

This is whats confounding me:

Why is not okay for any of us- especially some of the people that have been here longest to complain about whats wrong?
...and the reason I say the people that have been here longest, because they are the ones that will know weather something is a pattern of issues or just a one time thing.
Salty

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 pm

It's like a dysfunctional marriage over time...the practical issues get lost in the emotions.

To me, it's also like complaining that the mom and pop five and dime is not more like Wal-Mart.

I have no inside information, but I'll bet that Bernie won't be around the game a year from now.
ADRIANGABRIEL

Re: Credit/Criticism

Postby coyote303 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

[quote:ef5ba61cd2="nevdully's"]I give credit where credit is due, and [b:ef5ba61cd2]criticism, as is not only every customer's right to do, but something they should do, for the good of all involved[/b:ef5ba61cd2]....I'm not sure who agrees with that statement but I as a small business owner live by it... In my store I like to hear of our good, [b:ef5ba61cd2]but need, an absolute must, is to hear about our bad. [/b:ef5ba61cd2]

And when a customer feels for one reason or another they've not been treated with courtesy, or treated fairly, or when ill-fitting shoes cause blisters on their child's feet.....when its perhaps the second or third time something goes wrong, [b:ef5ba61cd2]I don't blame them for being less than constructive in voicing their concerns.
[/b:ef5ba61cd2]
So yes my criticism here is not nearly as constructive or patient as it was, or could be, because the things that frustrate me are rooted in the same couple of issues that have been a unfixed concern for a long time...and compounding my frustration are these issues are easily fixed imo.[/quote:ef5ba61cd2]

While I have been critical of some of the OP's recent comments, I absolutely agree with his premise that a business needs [i:ef5ba61cd2]constructive[/i:ef5ba61cd2] criticism. For every piece of constructive criticism they receive, they [i:ef5ba61cd2]had [/i:ef5ba61cd2]several other former, unhappy customers who never said a word. Give constructive criticism and you are actually doing the business a favor. (Of course, a poor business might not realize this!)

That being said, there is the other kind of criticism. It is neither helpful nor constructive. When we are angry, our comments are likely to fall into this latter category unless we are very careful. If so, the only thing the comments will accomplish is make the complainer feel better [i:ef5ba61cd2]at another human being's expense[/i:ef5ba61cd2]--someone who may be doing their hardest to do a good job.
coyote303

Postby Mr Baseball World » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:27 pm

[quote:46cd8e4a92="El-Saltman"][quote:46cd8e4a92="Petrosian"]Not to mention all the heat we take for just pointing things out. I think it is safe to say that you are a very bad man Michael. And I, of course, are the understudy for the Prince of Darkness. :lol: :roll:[/quote:46cd8e4a92]

Why is not okay for any of us- especially some of the people that have been here longest to complain about whats wrong?
...and the reason I say the people that have been here longest, because they are the ones that will know weather something is a pattern of issues or just a one time thing.[/quote:46cd8e4a92]

The problem is that a lot of the complaining in here rather than being constructive is more akin to entering the huddle with two minutes left in the game, down 14-10, first and 10 at your own 20 and going on and on about how crappy the QB has been. Not only does it not help but it is detrimental to the task at hand.
Mr Baseball World

Postby djmacb » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:48 pm

[quote:50cdbb4da4="Mr. Baseball World"][quote:50cdbb4da4="El-Saltman"][quote:50cdbb4da4="Petrosian"]Not to mention all the heat we take for just pointing things out. I think it is safe to say that you are a very bad man Michael. And I, of course, are the understudy for the Prince of Darkness. :lol: :roll:[/quote:50cdbb4da4]

...and the reason I say the people that have been here longest, because they are the ones that will know weather something is a pattern of issues or just a one time thing.[/quote:50cdbb4da4]

The problem is that a lot of the complaining in here rather than being constructive is more akin to entering the huddle with two minutes left in the game, down 14-10, first and 10 at your own 20 and going on and on about how crappy the QB has been. Not only does it not help but it is detrimental to the task at hand.[/quote:50cdbb4da4]
Yes and if the truth were to come out, not only is Bernie the only guy who CAN save the game, he's probably the only guy at TSN or Strat-O-Matic who has any INTEREST in saving the game. Hell, he's probably porting the game to SOM on his own time or for peanuts. I doubt if Harold Richman - the epitome of a shewd businessman - would invest more than a pittance until the on-line game is a money-making proposition. And what does Bernie get? Flaming posts about his incompetence. The smart thing for him to do - maybe he's doing it now - would be to find another job.
djmacb

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats