Is there a message board/forum on the new site

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:55 am

I'm finding other things to do than Strat these days.

It won 't be long, and we'll all feel that way. The game is doomed. The child-like design and interface are bad enough for the user, and then all these problems, problems, problems. It's not worth it. :twisted:
Hack Wilson

Postby Roosky » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Color me a fool but I am more excited about strat than I have been for a long time. And I think once things are ironed out we will see some marketing done directly to strat fans and we can see an influx of new gamers. Since strat is now tied in directly with the game I expect to see the game included in the mailers they send out.
Roosky

Postby The Last Druid » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:58 pm

I haven't missed it one bit.
The Last Druid

Postby Badjam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

The break was/is a nice chance to catch a little breather especially for guys with a bunch of teams but I'm ready to get back to it.

Also, I am wondering, what was this game like on day one? What was that about ten years ago or so? I've only been around three years. Was the game pretty primitive? Glitches? Snags? A work in progress?
Badjam

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:45 pm

In psychology, there is a certain segment of the population that will, in effect, drink the Kool-Aid, no matter the facts behind the situation. It's what cult leaders and politicians depend on. It's what gives us Jonestowns and Stalins and people actually believing that things are all right when clearly they are not.
Hack Wilson

Postby Badjam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

In psychology, there is a certain segment of the population that will, in effect, dwell on the negative to a fault.

Everyone, including Bernie, knows all is not correct yet. He doesn't need the same few people posting over and over every ten minutes that things are not all correct yet. He already knows, we all already know.

Years ago, I was part of a new company. We had three people working there. The first months weren't as smooth as we had hoped, even with all of the planning and prior experience. Each day we plugged away because we knew everything can not be all of a sudden perfect in one day. In less than two years there were 15 people working there. A little bit of patience goes a long way.
Badjam

Postby nevdully's » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Art I hear you and appreciate your level-headedness and patience....but as was once said of a co-worker that was a 15 year vet...Steve the boss said it was like he had 15 "first years" of experience....same type of mistakes here for years now.
nevdully's

Postby Badjam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Yeah, I've only been around here for three years and can still roll with the punches pretty well. :)

I think the past years problems were that Bernie was/is spread too thin. Not able to give his 100% attention to every detail and every problem. Hopefully soon he will have a right hand man and then a left hand man. That way each situation will have the attention it needs.

This is just the beginning at this new site and I see light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully that light I see in that tunnel isn't a train coming! :shock: :D
Badjam

Postby Hack Wilson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 pm

I still think complaining is a valuable element of any community dialogue. That's the way of Western civilization, the Enlightenment and American democracy. Once people are "chilled" from registering dissent, that's when trouble starts. :)

Certainly I will give credit where credit is due --- and that's to the deeper and broader information, statistically-speaking, that the new site will offer. I like the team pages now where I can see the running and hold ratings and so on. Plus, the "x" rolls will be terrific to delve into. And there's more, to be sure....All in all, this is a step forward and will be clear once we get underway.
Hack Wilson

Postby TRW » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:47 pm

[quote:15d4a26ccb="Petrosian"]I haven't missed it one bit.[/quote:15d4a26ccb]

You mean you didn't miss it like you didn't miss posting on the MB's Petro...

we all know you better than that... 8-) :lol: :lol: 8-)

(Just kidding w/you)
TRW

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats