The countdown is on

Postby WeatherNut » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Line Scores?
WeatherNut

Postby Hack Wilson » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Where are the last 10 games per player? They're not on the card like before. I really like that feature in determining who is the "hot" and who is "not." I know, a dice game makes it random, but I think we all feel there is some kind of karma or vibe going on. Besides I really like to punish and reward players based on performances. It's one of the few autocratic pleasures in my life. 8-)
Hack Wilson

Postby Salty » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

[quote:b7eba8d4d5="hack wilson"]Where are the last 10 games per player? They're not on the card like before. I really like that feature in determining who is the "hot" and who is "not." I know, a dice game makes it random, but I think we all feel there is some kind of karma or vibe going on. Besides I really like to punish and reward players based on performances. It's one of the few autocratic pleasures in my life. 8-)[/quote:b7eba8d4d5]

Not that we should get sidetracked right now- but I think its more than random.
First of all- its not really dice, its a computer so has to be percentages rather than 'dice' or complete randomosity :shock:
Second- I wish I had my OLD 1990s strat floppy disc- because I remember there being pluses and minuses for streak stuff...

Anyway, lets just get the site running smoothly- and iron out the Kinks and whatever other bands might show up to sing LoLa.
Salty

Postby Hack Wilson » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Of course I know it's not dice anymore. But the game was originally based on dice, if you grew up playing it that way. I really want to see the last 10 games so I can demote or promote guys. They tend to be streaky. It's not logical, just a fun thing to do.
Hack Wilson

Postby Salty » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 pm

ohh, no question- definitely desirable-
and also yes-
I grew up playing the dice game with my cousins;
Salty

Bernie, next iPad issue

Postby dharmabums » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Can't rank players chosen for my draft. The click and drag doesn't work with an iPad, I guess (doesn't work for the lineups either). This means I can't get a draft card ready from the iPad. Needed to go to my computer to rank my players on the card. Otherwise it worked okay.
dharmabums

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 pm

I like the grass. I watched it grow for three hours.
macnole

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:50 pm

just like anything else, will just take getting used to. it has more potential, and the modular coding will allow better maintenance/improvement.

But yeah, the blue-ish coloring, and all colors of the rainbow are a strain. Just needs more subdued coloring...or just some customization features on size, color. Which is probably in a menu feature somewhere.

Poking around, so to speak, is kinda cool I guess. Glad for the delay on teams...i am no where near fully immersed yet.
macnole

Postby macnole » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:54 pm

actually, once using it for a few minutes, i like the new player sorting--much better than the binary choices we were given before, ie lefties and switchies etc. cool
but the blue--it burns
:)
macnole

Postby doug_tucker10 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Can't find my teams active or otherwise. I'm on the page where such info should be showing.
doug_tucker10

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats