Has Anyone Heard From Bernie?

Has Anyone Heard From Bernie?

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Is he ok?
nevdully's

Postby The Last Druid » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm sure that we all hope that Bernie is okay and if not that he soon will be.

But I am struggling to make sense of all of this.

If the launch was derailed by Bernie's illness the day before the launch, doesn't that imply that the move was just a day away from being completed? And since Bernie said later that he had energy, why is it indefinitely postponed? The timing of the announcement suggests to me that perhaps the product is no where near ready to be launched.

I don't understand the bleeding thing either. Is it internal, is it being excreted or what? If he went to his physician earlier in the week and learned that it was stress induced and apparently wasn't given further tests or a hospital admission, why end up a few days later in the ER for stress related bleeding?

Then there were several posts by Bernie asking for support etc. but then nothing except a Bernie sighting on the boards the night Nev posted about it. It is troubling that this issue is put out there for the community, people get worried and then... no update. And if Bernie is truly somehow incapacitated, then someone from SOM should let us know.
The Last Druid

Postby Salty » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Many are worried, have expressed concern and want to know whats going on in terms of Bernie's well being.

Im not able to make sense of the moving stuff.
Salty

Guys, keep it in perspective

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Bernie is a one man show (or close to it for all intents and purposes).

He is dealing with health issues, the last thing he needs to do is launch a brand new site, that he can't monitor/support/maintain/bug fix due to his health. And knowing this crowd, and I am a member of this unruly mob ;-), there will be very little tolerance for glitches.

Patience everyone...
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby Hack Wilson » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Has anyone checked Bernie's Facebook page? I will do so now.
Hack Wilson

Postby Hack Wilson » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 pm

OK, but nothing there either. Mmmmm...
Hack Wilson

Postby nevdully's » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm not asking so much as to when will Bernie get the transition done whether this week or next (whenever) makes no difference. I for one and many I've talked to, never thought it would get done when promised anyway...These type of Huge things take on a life of their own and so many unforeseen things can (and usually do) come up causing delay...But to be thisclose as Petro said and then absolutely nothing, not even a thumbs up today a few days after surgery and a weekend of rest is worrisome.
nevdully's

Postby Measured Mayhem » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:38 pm

[quote:cec5abd9f2="Petrosian"]I'm sure that we all hope that Bernie is okay and if not that he soon will be.

But I am struggling to make sense of all of this.

If the launch was derailed by Bernie's illness the day before the launch, doesn't that imply that the move was just a day away from being completed? And since Bernie said later that he had energy, why is it indefinitely postponed? The timing of the announcement suggests to me that perhaps the product is no where near ready to be launched.
Then there were several posts by Bernie asking for support etc. but then nothing except a Bernie sighting on the boards the night Nev posted about it. It is troubling that this issue is put out there for the community, people get worried and then... no update. And if Bernie is truly somehow incapacitated, then someone from SOM should let us know.[/quote:cec5abd9f2]

Couldn't have said it better myself
Measured Mayhem

Postby DonFESQ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 am

I agree with Petro 100%. I have been skeptical about this whole thing for a good while now.
DonFESQ

Postby Valen » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:12 am

I too share Nev's concern and Petro's thoughts.

I would feel much better if there was someone from the new ownership who has a cash cow here that could bother themselves to feed it a little.

Richmon, Winberry, some obscure guy from support...
Someone has to have been supervising or assisting Bernie who could take 5 minutes from their day to give us regular updates on his status.

Has he been kept in the hospital? Last 2 times I was in the hospital with internal bleeding symptoms I would up with someone looking at me at some point and asking "why isn't he in intensive care already? That was followed by a gang of people dragging me a glass room with a large curtain instead of a door for privacy and people poking tubes I never heard of in to places I never knew I had.

I have enough of my mom in me to be a little bit of a worrier. I assume if Bernie were able to give us regular updates he would. Since he hasn't my nature can make me imagine all sorts of reasons why he may not be able to.

I doubt anyone from Strat ever reads these boards but I would feel better about Bernie if someone from Strat would come here and keep us informed until he is better. I would feel better about Bernie knowing what is happening. And I would feel better about the online Strat game in general seeing the new owners are going to take more interest than TSN did and care enough to keep us informed.

If Strat did bother reading these boards they would understand Bernie means a lot to the people in this online community. And seeing our concern would want to regularly say something to calm us down and reassure us about our friend.
Valen

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats