Theme League Interest???

Theme League Interest???

Postby novie » Thu May 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Taking temperature to gauge interest in the following before I throw one up here to join...

1. Position Draft - I have previously enhanced rules so that everyone is guaranteed a top stud with their first round pick.

2. Franchise - twist is arranging them by city/area.... as well as using Live Draft for players and locking in some players to the franchises for balance. Also added some NeL players to mix to enhance some franchises, based on city they played in. Example is Charleston and Gibson with Pirates, Stearns with Detroit and Beckwith with Balt/DC.

What are you interested in??
novie

Postby drfreeze49 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Novie I would be interested in Item #2...I had thought about putting two or three NEL'rs per team based on geographical area as you had stated.
drfreeze49

Postby fraank123 » Thu May 17, 2012 2:04 pm

actually both proposed theme leagues sound good to me.

i have been playing several franchise based theme leagues lately and it would be a nice twist to include the NeL players.

Also back in the old days of the 60's and 70's often we would also draft
position by position and that would be a lot of fun here too.

Gun to head (if you really care) i would be interested in the franchise + Nel players theme a little more.
fraank123

Postby mrharryc » Thu May 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Novie, I would do be interested in both - especially the second.
mrharryc

Postby bontomn » Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 am

Count me in for either, but I, too, prefer the second.
bontomn

Postby novie » Sat May 26, 2012 9:21 am

Going to wait until AFTER the change over to strato site before doing anything at this point. Next weekend is too close to be stopped in mid draft for 3-4 days.
novie

Postby LoopsandRolls » Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 pm

start both
LoopsandRolls

Postby novie » Thu May 31, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm gonna spend part of the weekend working out a franchise theme based primarily on area/region/states. Part of what I need to make sure of is giving initial rights to the multi-carded players.

So, what players [b:a8f32a49e8]MAY [/b:a8f32a49e8]it be important to make sure they are assigned to avoid too many conflicts. Your input is appreciated!!

C - Da Porter, W Cooper, T Pena, T McCarver, T Simmons

1B - McGwire, Ja Clark, Mize, Carew, D Allen, Palmiero, Hernandez, York

2B - Lajoie, Hornsby, E Collins, Alomar, Frisch, Randolph, Grich, Schoendeinst

3B - A-Rod, Thome, K Mitchell, Nettles, Madlock

SS - A-Rod, Cronin, Bancroft

OF - Ruth, Bonds, Speaker, W Mays, H Duffy, H Aaron, L Walker, Re Jackson, F Robinson, R Henderson, J Jackson, B Hamilton, F Lynn, D Winfield, J Kelley, Van Slyke, Goslin, B Butler

SP - Maddox, Martinez, P Alexander, L Tiant, Marichal, Reulbach, J Wood, Clemens, Cicotte, S Paige, C Mays, D Chance, Spahn, Saberhagen, Newhouser, K Brown, G Perry, B Blyleven, N Ryan

RP - H Wilhelm, Eckersley, L Smith, Gossage, Finers, Mossi, Franco, M Marshall, L Arroyo, E Sosa, Garber, Bedrosian, R Myers, Honeycutt, McCLure, McGraw, Knowles

Are there any guys I am missing considering a cap of 125-140m??
novie

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats