CLASSIC...

CLASSIC...

Postby ERICTAYLOR 2 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:04 am

Click on this link and play the video. I PROMISE you will not be disappointed. BTW, it is safe for work.

http://www.sandiegoserenade.com/2006/04/1986_world_series_game_6_reena.html
ERICTAYLOR 2

Postby LMBombers » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:26 am

As much as that hurt me to relive that bad moment in Red Sox history......That was pretty cool! 8)
LMBombers

Postby BRADSANDBOTHE » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:44 am

That was a great video,
I am sure that took some serious time and effort.

I am a Cardinal fan 1st, but a Red Sox fan as well.
That game and Series cost me a case of beer in College (a hard thing to take at the time).

I hate the Mets always will (Pond Scum)

Buckner should not be vilified the way he was and still is.
I am glad (sort of) that they won the series and don't have to live with '86 anymore.
BRADSANDBOTHE

Postby ERICTAYLOR 2 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:45 pm

I was in college and lost a beer bet on that Series as well. Remember that 10th inning like it was yesterday, though.
ERICTAYLOR 2

Postby cirills » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:51 pm

One of the 10 best moments of my life to be sure.

I was watching the game with a die hard Red Sox found btw (me being a die hard Mets fan), who found my reactive behaviour ... well let's just say ... inappropriate! :wink: :P

He chose to watch Game 7 without me! :twisted:
cirills

Postby Zimharry » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:10 pm

A Met fan since 1962, I can think of no better way for the Mets to have pulled off Game 6. Typical Met rally.....3 dink hits, a wild pitch and an incredible error........Buckner was a good player, great hitter and competitor. No one should have to endure that error, but does Stanley get off too easily?? And kudos to the Nintendo morph!!!!
Zimharry

Postby AZHawg » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Wow!

I had forgotten there were 2 outs and nobody on with the Mets down by 2 runs. Buckner certainly wasn't the only contributor to that loss.

I laughed at the 'pond scum' comment. I am a lifelong Cardinals fan and lived in St. Louis during the 85-87 seasons. Attended at least 30 games each of those years. Those years were incredible in the rivalry between the Cards and the Mets. Cards won the NL in 85 and 87, Mets won in 86.

Fun stuff, and the Mets indeed were Pond Scum. LOL

Funny thing regarding my disdain for the Mets which was a holdover from that period. In the early 90's I worked with a lady who had a son that was a terrific Jr. College baseball player. His name was Vance Wilson. I got to know Vance pretty well in those days and he was as nice a young man as you can imagine.

His Mom and I played on an old farts coed softball team and he used to come watch the games. He was already a junior college star by then with offers from lots of D1 schools, but he used to really root for us and loved to watch us play. He never made fun and always was good for a laugh. Great kid!

Well, Vance got drafted by the Mets and made it to the Big Leagues. So..... the Mets became my second favorite team for a few years. One day I was watching on TV as Vance got a game winning hit to beat my Cardinals.

Now that was a funny feeling. It might have been the only team in my life that I wasn't unhappy they lost. And I've been a Cards fan since Stan the Man's last couple of years.

WPS!!!
AZHawg

Postby visick » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:21 pm

I too was in college at the time. My buddies, also Mets fans, left me alone after the 2nd. out. It was a bad combination in my dorm room. 2 outs and a case of Meister Brau in the fridge. :cry: :cry:

They thought the game was over.

Us Met fans have had little to get excited about the past 20 years.

I hope to get excited again this year!
visick

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:48 pm

RBI BASEBALL!!! The best baseball arcade game!!! Second only to Baseball Stars (that one rocked)!!!

Any knows if there is still arcades running this game?

I wonder to what charities Marty Barrett gave his money!!! Depressive anonyms, I guess.

It`s funny to remember that it was already 5-5 when Buckner missed the ball. People react as if they believe it was 5-4 and that he let a two-runs rbi.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby AFDickie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:01 am

Nice job! It was fun seeing the old RBI baseball game too! :D
AFDickie

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx