Minor stat glitches

Minor stat glitches

Postby dukie98 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

Glad to see that everything ran smoothly last night. In looking over the boxscores and new stats, I noticed a few [u:a78b9aa7f0]minor[/u:a78b9aa7f0] errors/ discrepancies, none of which affect the overall functionality of the site. In no particular order:

1.) The boxscore for one of my games does not reflect that Al McBean pitched, but failed to retire a batter. [url]http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/168389/18[/url] He's listed in the lineup as having come in, but not in the pitching boxscore-- thereby creating a discrepancy in the totals for hits, runs, and walks:

D. Trout P 3 0 0 0 .000
A. McBean P 0 0 0 0 ----
G. Harris P 0 0 0 0 .000
Totals 34 8 8 8

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA
D. Trout (W, 1-0) 8 9 3 3 4 1 0 137 3.38
G. Harris (S, 1) 1 0 0 0 2 1 0 22 2.25
Totals 9 10 6 6 8 2 0

McBean's stats are correct on the stat page.

2.) That team was in a new league that started last night. On the awards page, the MVP and Cy Young listings are correct. The All-Stars/ Gold Gloves list only pitchers, but no position players, and the Silver Slugger list is blank.

3.) On the new fielding tabs, nothing is recorded for the "Primary Position" columns -- instead, the x-rolls are only counted under "All Positions." Even though the "Primary Position" tabs are all zeros, the totals are non-zeros (perhaps due to pitchers?).

4.) Also on the fielding tabs-- the DP should not be listed as a total. My team turned 5 double plays last night on infield grounders (6-4-3, 5-4-3, etc.), but the individual players' totals should not be added to suggest that I turned 15 DP's. The DP count is correct on the "team fielding" tab, and that number should be used.

5.) For teams that are mid-season, the new fielding tab has artificially low fielding percentages. It reflects the total chances from last night's games, but uses the season-long error count-- as a result, a team that is 78 games into the season with 56 errors shows a .651 fielding percentage. The number remains correct on the team fielding tab. This discrepancy should not be a problem for new leagues going forward but only those that were midway through the season.
dukie98

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx