Strat-O-Matic.com transition updates

Postby Valen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:19 pm

[quote:a19ae4e79c]Yes Kev, I think you're right it's been fixed....one night of flawed results isn't too bad but it is harder to accept when you have 30+ active teams...[/quote:a19ae4e79c]
Certainly a valid point. Flawed results are different from kinks such as flawed stat displays.

Hindsight is 20/20 but perhaps it might have been wise to announce up front we will play a weeks worth or so of games that will not count. Then once confident everything functioning properly roll the team databases back to the point they were when TSN site shut down.

Question: Would you consider it too late to do that if it were possible? That is not a question for nev specifically. Wondering how everyone would feel about that. Of course if it is not possible then does not matter. Just curious how people would feel if it were announced now that games would continue to play for another week and then everything reset. Essentially that would make the next week or whatever a free beta testing event.
Valen

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

I think that coulda been a clever way to introduce the game here at SOM...New and existing customers woulda lined up to play, learn and troubleshoot all at the same time at no one's expense...Win/Win.
nevdully's

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:39 pm

[quote:c0c8f4ecfc="Knerrpool"]Remember that it also happened to the 30 teams you were playing against. So, hopefully, it evened out for you.[/quote:c0c8f4ecfc]
:lol:
ADRIANGABRIEL

Postby emart » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm

[quote:6c42498029="Valen"]Question: Would you consider it too late to do that if it were possible? That is not a question for nev specifically. Wondering how everyone would feel about that. Of course if it is not possible then does not matter. Just curious how people would feel if it were announced now that games would continue to play for another week and then everything reset. Essentially that would make the next week or whatever a free beta testing event.[/quote:6c42498029]

This occurred to me as well and I think this should at least be considered. I continue to find gameplay results that do not appear to be 'normal' and have reported them, but I don't have the time to study each play-by-play for 9 active teams. There has been no discussion of replaying the games where there were pretty egregious errors relating to pitcher fatigue and relief use that affected game outcomes.
emart

These forums will shut down for archiving Sat, noon ET

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:24 pm

[b:e9bb3a40ce]These old forums at SportingNews.com will be shut down at 12pm ET this Saturday, June 30[/b:e9bb3a40ce], so that we can begin the process of exporting the data off of SN's servers and archiving it. This weekend is our deadline by which we need to be completely off of their system.

Our intent is to make this forum's post history available to you in some capacity over at our new site (as completely and as conveniently as possible), but we have not yet determined our exact implementation at this time.

As soon as we possibly we can, we'll be setting up a [b:e9bb3a40ce]temporary, scratch forum[/b:e9bb3a40ce] over at Strat-O-Matic.com, so that you can continue to have discussions in the interim before we launch our new permanent forum. You'll find updates about the new forum(s) going forward over at [url=http://somonline.wikia.com/wiki/Welcome_to_Strat-O-Matic_Online%27s_New_Home_at_Strat-O-Matic.com!][b:e9bb3a40ce]the transition info page[/b:e9bb3a40ce][/url].
bernieh

Postby ADRIANGABRIEL » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Cue the "they should be fixing the game instead of worrying about the forums" comments.
ADRIANGABRIEL

Postby nevdully's » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:45 pm

How bout "the game shouldn't be broken and they shouldn't wait til the last day to "start" to get a plan in place for the new forums" comments?
nevdully's

Postby The Last Druid » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:36 pm

And in what way does this surprise you Michael? :lol: :roll: This whole move has been an utter disaster. And almost a month later very little is right. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, Bernie creatively finds a way to hit new lows. Seriously, could this "transition" have gone any worse than it has? At least if you don't care any more, it is like watching the Keystone Cops meets the Marx bros - utterly and completely hilarious.

At least with the boards gone Bernie won't have to read our complaints. Or respond to emails. ROFL. :lol:

I must say that Bernie's programming and communication issues are nothing compared to his complete cluelessness when it comes to strategic planning.
The Last Druid

Postby Salty » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:17 pm

right now feeling very blase about the whole thing-
maybe some excitement will come back, I dunno. :?
Salty

They have something for that!

Postby oldhat2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:44 pm

[quote:5a6cd595e0="El-Saltman"]right now feeling very blase about the whole thing-
maybe some excitement will come back, I dunno. :?[/quote:5a6cd595e0]

Thats what she said! :lol:
oldhat2

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx