Another way to pass the time - Drafting

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am

Anyone who wants to trade draft positions, come on with it?
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:37 am

Funny how the rules got decided after the draft order and now everyone says they are at a disadvantage because of said rules and draft order.

Anyone want to trade draft picks? Didn't think so...

I just assumed DH was default for such leagues. Why would anyone want to watch a pitcher hitter?

No takers on trading draft positions?
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:41 am

1977 does included actual pitchers' hitting cards. Are we using them or do we want to see what teams we get first?
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 am

Someone said:[quote:7575d16c8c]
I think that generic pitchers hitting cards are all that exists. Those of us that have the last few picks in the 2nd round would benefit quit a bit from using a DH. Those teams that will be remaining at that point have one decent hitter at most. [/quote:7575d16c8c]

Do you want to trade draft positions? I can help you out of that disadvantage that you have.
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:43 am

Didn't think so...
RICHARDMILTER

Postby Roosky » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:49 am

It was stated in this thread that it was no DH way before the draft order was ever decided. I personally am on record saying that I am fine with or without DH. I play in leagues all the time that have no DH so I don't think it is all that crazy.
Roosky

Postby Roosky » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 am

I will gladly exchange picks with Rmilter because it is a sad thing to watch a grown man cry. Please take the Reds and I will attempt to beat you from your terribly disadvantaged draft spot. Good grief it is a free league.
Roosky

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:55 am

Roosky said:[quote:4a47577c2d]
It was stated in this thread that it was no DH way before the draft order was ever decided. I personally am on record saying that I am fine with or without DH. I play in leagues all the time that have no DH so I don't think it is all that crazy. [/quote:4a47577c2d]

No it was not stated whether or not we would use a DH, until just a few hours ago.

And where was it stated whether or not we would use actual or generic pitchers' hitting cards? We still have not decided that.... Maybe after you look at your teams you will know what to do...

Roosky, would you like to trade draft positions out of that disadvantage that you have? Naw, I didn't think so...

E-mail me when it is my turn. Thanks.
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:56 am

If wanting to know the rules before we draft is not," grown man like", yes, I am still a kid and proud of it.

At least I did not try to pacify someone by telling them they were at an advantage, but I guess that is very adult like behavior.

I am fine, as long as I know the rules. Carry on and let me know them as you decide them.
RICHARDMILTER

Re: Looking like we have a good crowd starting up

Postby Roosky » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:58 am

[quote:afce31883e="latorrer"]Please PM me your email addresses, and we'll start the process.

We should also discuss some league rules, what are you thoughts on:

How many games will I run per night? 7, but I can run more if we all agree.
Roster Size? 25
Injuries on or off? ON
Ballpark Effects? YES
Weather Effects? NO
Fill up to 12 pairs of teams with HAL or only have teams with living breathing managers? Use HAL to round out the league to 12 teams
DH? NO
Each Manager chooses 1 AL and 1 NL Team? YES

There are many more but I'll set up similar to the TSN settings as much as I can.

Also, I'll have a "Managers" speadsheet for each team that you can submit daily, with lineups, strategy, etc.[/quote:afce31883e]

Notice that this was written on June 18th!!!!!!!!! And I am totally serious that I plan to pick in your place.
Roosky

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx