Take a Step Back Please...

Postby macnole » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Not only is it one person, but this is not his only professional pursuit. That's his choice, but I think to view it objectively, we just want the site to work--I don't care who fixes/maintains/creates it.

And in the meantime, I think it is apropos that the links to buy a team still work...

But there is no way to cash in purchased credits...

As for getting on with life, I only play one team at a time, maybe 6 or 7 a year...so already been doing that for...ever.

Expecting the site to work has nothing to do with getting to know wife, kids...no more than it would be that I expect the internet access I paid for to work, or the food I bought to be unspoiled. So that may be appropriate transference for your personal situation, but not for me. Thanks for the tip though.
macnole

Postby nevdully's » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 pm

[quote:d13ddeb037]Expecting the site to work has nothing to do with getting to know wife, kids...no more than it would be that I expect the internet access I paid for to work, or the food I bought to be unspoiled. So that may be appropriate transference for your personal situation, but not for me. Thanks for the tip though.
[/quote:d13ddeb037]

Yes Sir.
nevdully's

Postby PJ Axelsson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:25 am

[quote:39a95ba40e]Now it's time to play everyone's favorite fun game, move back!... Take a step back! Now take another...step back! And another! Take a step back!! Now doesn't that feel better?[/quote:39a95ba40e]
PJ Axelsson

Postby paul.czarnecki » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:29 am

I have to admit that I am losing my patience. We do pay money to play this online. I just hope that when the dust clears, we are rewarded with a credit or two.
paul.czarnecki

Even I'm starting to feel a bit whiny.....

Postby Chuckgnh1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:15 am

[i:4846c3fdfd][b:4846c3fdfd][color=green:4846c3fdfd]We are very sorry for these circumstances, and will be doing everything we can to making everything as right as they can be.[/b:4846c3fdfd][/color:4846c3fdfd][/i:4846c3fdfd]

The English usage in the above...........is it just me, or is that just a little convoluted? Yessirree.....there's trouble right here in Strat-o-land!!! Man, am I getting some serious gardening in! Happy Father's Day, all........[i:4846c3fdfd][color=green:4846c3fdfd][/color:4846c3fdfd][/i:4846c3fdfd]
Chuckgnh1

Postby Roscodog » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:23 am

I hope all the bugs get worked out as much as the next guy, but I think we do need to be patient. It's not like they are doing this on purpose. I'm sure Benrie and everyone lese involved is frustrated as well.

For me the silver lining is I've broken my strat-addicition and replaced it with two far less addictive things. Beer and gambling. :wink: :D
Roscodog

Postby MrHacktastic » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 pm

[quote:50804d23b8="pczarnecki"]I have to admit that I am losing my patience. We do pay money to play this online. I just hope that when the dust clears, we are rewarded with a credit or two.[/quote:50804d23b8]

I want the game to be glitch free when play resumes. And we do pay to play so I think there should be some kind of compensation for the delay and mishandling of the whole thing. 1 or 2 credits is fine but there should probably be something at this point.

This has gotten pretty messy. I really just want to start playing again. Getting less anxious each day that goes by.
MrHacktastic

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Maybe they will offer EVERYONE the one time two teams for 14.95 deal to ease the hard feelings. I feel bad for Bernie too (even though I do not know him). I had a feeling this might happen since Strat-O-Matic is essentially still a real small (family run) business.
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:48 pm

I definitely can understand the frustration from long time paying customers, but getting too angry and upset will not really solve anything. I feel bad for all involved.

On a positive note: I think the new look of on-line Strat-O-Matic is great, and I am sure Bernie is doing his best to make it worth the wait.
RICHARDMILTER

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Roscodog said:[quote:a35a56f0ae]
I hope all the bugs get worked out as much as the next guy, but I think we do need to be patient. It's not like they are doing this on purpose. I'm sure Benrie and everyone lese involved is frustrated as well.

For me the silver lining is I've broken my strat-addicition and replaced it with two far less addictive things. Beer and gambling[/quote:a35a56f0ae]

That is funny Roscodog and well said. In fact I am sure Bernie is even more frustrated than the most frustrated long time customer.
RICHARDMILTER

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx