Take a Step Back Please...

Postby Honyox R Us » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:11 pm

I never expected this transition to go without a hitch. I went through an operating system change a couple of jobs ago and it was delayed numerous times. And that was with our own IT dept and the IT dept of the software vendor working together for months before they actually pulled the trigger... and we had just a few hundred people using the system.

So, color me surprised if we're actually playing this game before July rolls around. No slam on Bernie at all, I've just seen it first-hand and would rather be pleasantly surprised than increasingly pissed as days go by! 8-)

As others have mentioned, I find myself missing it less and less with each passing day.
Honyox R Us

Postby Palanion » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I wish I could say that this downtime is saving me money.

But over a year ago, I cut my expenditure here to one team in one keeper league. I realized that over seven years, I had probably spent more than $1,200 on Strat here. And I can't imagine how much guys like Nev, Petro, Modmark, DonFESQ, etc., have each spent. Way more than I will ever have available for this game.
In the last two years, I have spent less then $200 on 12 computer seasons, two cards-and-dice seasons, two ratings books/spreadsheets, and a two-year subscription to SOMWorld.

I can patiently wait for this game to work.

By the way, I bet Hal Richman would like this game to work, too. I spend $22 on a computer season that I can play forever. Or 12 people can spend $240 (or so) for one league here.
Plus, I would not be surprised if Hal sees this as a possible growth spot for his Netplay computer option.
Palanion

Postby RICHARDMILTER » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Palanion said:[quote:41552cf371]By the way, I bet Hal Richman would like this game to work, too. I spend $22 on a computer season that I can play forever. Or 12 people can spend $240 (or so) for one league here.
Plus, I would not be surprised if Hal sees this as a possible growth spot for his Netplay computer option. [/quote:41552cf371]

Amen to all of that Palanion.
RICHARDMILTER

Postby Honyox R Us » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:28 pm

[quote:d42dfa1626="Palanion"]I wish I could say that this downtime is saving me money.

But over a year ago, I cut my expenditure here to one team in one keeper league. I realized that over seven years, I had probably spent more than $1,200 on Strat here. And I can't imagine how much guys like Nev, Petro, Modmark, DonFESQ, etc., have each spent. Way more than I will ever have available for this game.
In the last two years, I have spent less then $200 on 12 computer seasons, two cards-and-dice seasons, two ratings books/spreadsheets, and a two-year subscription to SOMWorld.

I can patiently wait for this game to work.

By the way, I bet Hal Richman would like this game to work, too. I spend $22 on a computer season that I can play forever. Or 12 people can spend $240 (or so) for one league here.
Plus, I would not be surprised if Hal sees this as a possible growth spot for his Netplay computer option.[/quote:d42dfa1626]

I'm in the same boat, but never curtailed my usage. I've always had just 1-2 teams going at once. I bought a 5-pack at least a year ago and have been very fortunate to have won championships or runner up spots because I'm still running on my winnings.

I can't imagine what it is like for the guys who have played dozens of teams at a time for years to suddenly be going 'cold turkey'.
Honyox R Us

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx