Suggestion for Bernie

Suggestion for Bernie

Postby ROBERTLATORRE » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:32 pm

1) Put up ONE thread for "New Site Bugs / Missing Functionality". Have the TSN Board moderators limit posts to that thread to Bugs and Functionality issues ONLY (mods delete complaining/opinions/wishlist posts). You shouldn't need to have to read through all threads and posts to get useful feedback.

2) Post a daily update to that thread in the first post with items that are resolved. That will keep the masses updated on progress.

3) DO NOT BOTHER READING ANY OTHER OF THE THREADS! It will only add to the stress levels that you already are dealing with. It has to be disheartening to read all of the negativity when you are still grinding out a go live.

4) Keep your chin up, a LOT of us here completely support the migration.
ROBERTLATORRE

Postby artie4121 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 am

I second this. . .

Some people are never happy, and only look at the negativity.

Keep up the good work, Bernie.
artie4121

Postby Valen » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 am

Great suggestion. I would go a step further and ask someone at Strato to keep an eye on that thread, note and pass problems reported on to Bernie. And once Bernie fixes them that person could update the thread. This could be done by anyone at Strato, a regular support person, a secretary.

My message to Strato is simple, free your technical person to do what he does best and for now at least is the most important activity. Come on Hal Richman and family. Step up to the plate.
Valen

Postby Palanion » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:54 am

I agree with Valen...

Plus, do you think there are TSN moderators for these forums still remaining? Strat is the only forum left... and it's leaving...

It should be Strat-o-Matic's responsiblity to funnel all info to Bernie to keep Bernie on task.
Palanion

Postby franky35 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 pm

I hadn't given much thought to this transition, but now I see it is a disaster. I am not a programmer but wouldn't it have been much better to start with one 12 team league on the new SOM site, and build up organically. Can we do that - just restart the existing leagues at the old TSN site by relying on a system back up? Let the existing leagues finish out on TSN and start at least some new leagues on SOM?

Seriously, I am psychologically addicted to this stupid game, and I'm depressed I can't relax by thinking about lineups, etc.
franky35

Postby dalekeener » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:40 am

[quote:9dcf76a8b9="franky35"]I hadn't given much thought to this transition, but now I see it is a disaster. I am not a programmer but wouldn't it have been much better to start with one 12 team league on the new SOM site, and build up organically. Can we do that - just restart the existing leagues at the old TSN site by relying on a system back up? Let the existing leagues finish out on TSN and start at least some new leagues on SOM?

Seriously, I am psychologically addicted to this stupid game, and I'm depressed I can't relax by thinking about lineups, etc.[/quote:9dcf76a8b9]

That was one thought I had, let all existing leagues finish their seasons and playoffs on the old site and not allow any new leagues to form until a complete an final transition had been achieved. Kinda of start with a blank slate. What we don't know if their was a forced rush to get us off the old site.
dalekeener

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx