addiction

addiction

Postby DARRELLPICKELL » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:20 pm

It is funny how this game is... I watch my games in the mornings.. watch my sons later in the day (he is always in the same leagues I am in)... it takes not having it for a few days to know how much a person will miss it. I am 57, been around Strat since I was 17. Love the game.

I so much want to thank Bernie for all he does for us. He's a champ!
DARRELLPICKELL

Postby Chuckgnh1 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, it was pretty much automatic that I reply here, Darrell. I'm much younger - 56! Har-dee-har-har!! This game is just too much fun - I had taken some time off, and all of a sudden realized - hey!!! What am I doing here! There are great folks involved here - the sportsmanship by and large is excellent. And now, to see the reactions from everyone waiting for the site to go up - it is hilarious. I too, am of course waiting for two young leagues to resume. The whole Bernie thing is absolutely nuts. I hope almost everyone is most concerned with his health, before the game - but if this were a movie it's seeming like a Peter Sellers one to me.

Oh - and I like others here started in the 60's - well, 1970 with the '69 cards. So I would have been 15 I guess. As a matter of fact - and this goes out to anyone reading this - was the 1970 edition the first year for the L/R combination? I believe so, unless it was '71. That was HUGE. My buddy Mike and I would play until all hours of the night........and of course NFL too. Hey, great memories. I hope Strat sticks around for many, many years to come.
Chuckgnh1

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx