How long!

Postby nevdully's » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 am

[quote:d56ac18342]This is the nature of anything IT-related anywhere. Moves, changes, upgrades, new software...these things will always take longer than initially planned, sometimes much longer.

If the move is completed in the next day or two, that would more than a job well done. [/quote:d56ac18342]

Yup like when 98.7 recently changed from old school r&b to sports talk radio there was "dead air" for a week....oh wait no there wasn't.
nevdully's

Postby Palanion » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am

[quote:33d4a4f13f="nevdully's"]Yup like when 98.7 recently changed from old school r&b to sports talk radio there was "dead air" for a week....oh wait no there wasn't.[/quote:33d4a4f13f]

Apples and oranges Nev.
When a radio station changes formats, it's usually because ownership changed. It usually takes a month or two before the agreement between parties becomes official and the transfer complete because of lawyers, FCC, and so forth. During that window of time, the old format continues to run while the new owners prep for the new format. There's a Boston station that sold a month ago but is still broadcasting under the old ownership while all legal matters are completed.
And if it's a matter of a station simply changing formats with no change of ownership, then the owners already have the infrastructure. They will spend months relooding their music library (if needed), producing new station IDs, hiring appropriate on-air talent, etc., while running the terminating format.
Palanion

Postby nevdully's » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Yes...

But wasn't that what, in part, the previous 4-5 months were about...and even longer since Bernie had this in his pocket for awhile before telling us?

Shouldn't/couldn't we still be playing and paying?
nevdully's

Postby Knerrpool » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Although we hoped differently, Bernie is clearly still all by himself at SOM, as he was at TSN. So, we live and die with Bernie. Luckily, I think we can all agree he has our, and this game's, best interests at heart.
Knerrpool

Postby fredpaii » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

[quote:dab58ada87="Palanion"]Love these guys who post for the FIRST time with complaints, pessimism, and credit-seeking.
You finally post on the forums and sound like whiny, little, me-first, 2-year-olds: "Mine! Mine!"

Ugh. :roll:[/quote:dab58ada87]

Speaking of cred. Why isn't nobody giving me some for my disguised penis joke? You all need to step it up around here.
fredpaii

Postby pikesvilleal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm

I don't care when it's up, but I hate to have to wait an extra day or longer for the games to resume. Everyone should of had the teams set for the next series.
pikesvilleal

Postby Mort2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Now that I don't have games going on, I don't have any problems with the switch. They are trying to make the experience better. I agree, take whatever time you need to get it right.
Mort2

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx