My weekend without STRAT

Postby scorehouse » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:59 pm

you missed the lou gehrig story
scorehouse

Postby scorehouse » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 pm

did any of you see the larry david episode where he took a hooker to the dodger game so he could use the HOV lane? his friend wouldn't let him sit in his dead dad's seat. a must see with baseball as the backdrop.
scorehouse

Postby BergRad » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

The best Curb Your Ethusiasm epsiode is the one with Bill Buckner playing himself.

As for the traffic light BB movie. I guess it's an Aunt Minnie, you know it straight away or forget about it. Can you let us know if it was one of the 4 Kevin Costner movies, that narrows the field down. I include Upside of Anger on that list although it is actually a "chick flick"
BergRad

Postby BergRad » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Ok.........with no SOM going on I am forced into being available for quality time with the family who can't figure out why all of sudden I am around the house outside of the the cave looking lost and bored.

My daughter the movie savant says it's one of the Costner films which actually includes two chick flicks.......For Love of the Game and Upside of Anger..

Sorry to all.......she dared me to post this
BergRad

Postby MrHacktastic » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:42 pm

[quote:ad4036820b="BergRad"]Ok.........with no SOM going on I am forced into being available for quality time with the family who can't figure out why all of sudden I am around the house outside of the the cave looking lost and bored.

My daughter the movie savant says it's one of the Costner films which actually includes two chick flicks.......For Love of the Game and Upside of Anger..

Sorry to all.......she dared me to post this[/quote:ad4036820b]

For the Love of the Game is one of my favorite movies. I get a lot of crap for that but I don't care. I like that movie. lol
MrHacktastic

Postby KEVINEHLE » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:31 pm

[quote:92bc8b16d7="tuvthomas"]Field of Dreams
It Happens Every Spring
Bull Durham
Rookie
Angels in the Outfield
The Natural
Eight Men Out
Major League
A League of Their Own
Sandlot
Bad News Bears
Pride of the Yankees

Thought I'd use the shotgun approach............any hits?[/quote:92bc8b16d7]

You guys were all so close. I fooled you.....with "kind of a baseball movie" The quote was from Naked Gun (albeit not word for word). Frank Drebin said something like it to Priscilla Presley in Angels Stadium after Ricardo Montalban fell off the side of stadium and got ran over by the USC marching band, a steamroller, and a bus. I think the movie is based on a true story. :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

Postby MrHacktastic » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:56 pm

[quote:7fb56ca58e="ehlekev"][quote:7fb56ca58e="tuvthomas"]Field of Dreams
It Happens Every Spring
Bull Durham
Rookie
Angels in the Outfield
The Natural
Eight Men Out
Major League
A League of Their Own
Sandlot
Bad News Bears
Pride of the Yankees

Thought I'd use the shotgun approach............any hits?[/quote:7fb56ca58e]

You guys were all so close. I fooled you.....with "kind of a baseball movie" The quote was from Naked Gun (albeit not word for word). Frank Drebin said something like it to Priscilla Presley in Angels Stadium after Ricardo Montalban fell off the side of stadium and got ran over by the USC marching band, a steamroller, and a bus. I think the movie is based on a true story. :wink:

Kev[/quote:7fb56ca58e]

total classic but I think you are stretching "kind of" a baseball movie. I saw that at a drive-in back in the day. Sequels still are funny but the first Naked Gun movie was great. Especially thinking about how much it made me like OJ Simpson as a seemingly great, funny, wicked nice guy lol.

My wife had never seen it till I made her watch it and knowing what we know now she just couldn't wrap her head around watching OJ Simpson. Plus some of the comedic greatness did lend itself rather perfectly to my youth so it doesn't quite have the same effect now. That said, Leslie Nielsen was the man. Nobody better at that type of humor ever.
MrHacktastic

Postby CATom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Went to the Hilton in Jackson, stayed on the executive level, drank Jack, wine and beer - watched the Preakness and witnessed Miami beat Boston -> Just another weekend :)

Tom
CATom

Postby CATom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Or wa it the Belmont? Lotta Jack & Wine :)
CATom

Postby The Godfather » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:18 am

[size=18:63517da96e][b:63517da96e]Watched my Los Angeles Kings win the Stanley Cup!!!* [/b:63517da96e][/size:63517da96e]

:D :shock: :D

[i:63517da96e]*Technically, I suffered through the weekend after the Game 5 loss but tonight's win filled the void nicely before the new site is available![/i:63517da96e]
The Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx