New pre-waiver leagues to start next Monday, 6/18

If your new league has a waivers deadline on Tuesday, when would you want Opening Night to be? (Poll closed)

Poll ended at Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Total votes : 0

New pre-waiver leagues to start next Monday, 6/18

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:36 pm

[b:39e1ae9838]Edit:[/b:39e1ae9838] (Poll closed) New leagues that were filled before Friday's old-site shutdown, that have not reached their waivers deadline, will have their waivers deadline on Tuesday 6/12 at 5pm ET, and [b:39e1ae9838]will start their season the following Monday, 6/18[/b:39e1ae9838].

All things considered, given the choice between 1) making you wait a bit longer for Opening Day, and 2) inconveniencing those of you who won't have enough time to finish preparing your teams, I think the answer is obvious.

New leagues whose waivers deadlines already passed last week will start their seasons this Tuesday, 6/12.

Thank you for your input.

----
[i:39e1ae9838]Original post:[/i:39e1ae9838]

As it currently stands, I posted that new leagues that were originally scheduled to have Opening Night on Monday, 6/11 would instead start on Tuesday night, 6/12. However, [i:39e1ae9838]for those leagues whose waivers deadline hasn't passed yet[/i:39e1ae9838] (and thus that deadline will be on Tuesday, 6/12), I'm thinking I need to push that back.

So, I'm asking you. If you're in a new league whose waivers deadline is on Tuesday, 6/12, when would you want Opening Night to be?

For the sake of simplicity and consistency, I would apply the consensus to all such leagues whose waivers deadline has been scheduled for Tuesday, 6/12.
Last edited by bernieh on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bernieh

Thanks for the option Bernie!

Postby robert.kosky » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I was a little concerned about having the waivers and opening day be the same night. After waivers run, there is usually a flurry of trades, and if both waivers and opening night are within 5 hours of each other, it would be a rush to get trades in. So, allowing owners to cast their votes is a nice option! You are the MAN Bernie!
robert.kosky

Postby rjohaire » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Our league finished waivers on Thursday. You talking about starting those leagues on a day that is not Tuesday of next week?
We're waiting long enough, lets not put it off any longer.
rjohaire

Postby bontomn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Thanks, Bernie. Mondays are the worst night of the week for me. I don't get home until after the games have been played. I don't know if the two leagues that were nearly full Friday morning actually filled before the shutdown, but if they did and waivers are Monday afternoon, then I'll start both seasons in a hole.
bontomn

Postby coyote303 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Since I don't have a league starting, I won't vote.

If I did, I think waiting until Monday would be a good idea in order to ensure everything is moved, any kinks are worked out, and everyone can get onto the new site.

I would hate waiting longer than needed, but in this case it seems like good insurance.
coyote303

Postby bernieh » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:21 pm

[quote:b2d5fe127b="rjoh"]Our league finished waivers on Thursday. You talking about starting those leagues on a day that is not Tuesday of next week?
We're waiting long enough, lets not put it off any longer.[/quote:b2d5fe127b]
Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear.

Here I was trying to focus specifically on leagues whose waivers deadlines were originally scheduled on or after Friday, 6/8 (during the shutdown). Those waivers deadlines are re-scheduled for Tuesday, 6/12, and those leagues are the ones we'd like to avoid starting that night.

Leagues like yours, whose waivers deadlines already passed, should keep their Opening Nights on Tuesday.

Thanks for helping me clarify.
bernieh

Postby motherscratcher » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:04 am

I can't be alone in saying that I rely on the weekends to finalize my teams. Wed night sure doesn't give a lot of time after waivers.
motherscratcher

Postby fraank123 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:43 am

I am in favor of starting the leagues in which the waiver deadlines were scheduled for after Friday June 8th as late as possible. I am in a league which was supposed to have waivers Saturday June 9th but will instead be postponed until tuesday. i am in a regionally based league in which the list of players that are eligible expands after the draft and waiver processes are executed to include any player that ever played for the chosen franchises regardless if they have a card for the franchise. needless to say for me the more time i have to do research on the newly eligible players the better it would be.
fraank123

Postby guardian154 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 am

After waivers i would think owners would want a day or two to finalize rosters. I know I would have used this weekend to do so.

With all the issues this new site already has with user accounts, you should probably push the start at least a week. I was registered, I tested it several times throughout the course of this transition and my account worked. Now i can't log in and it states my e-mail address doesn't exist.
guardian154

Postby FUDU » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:26 pm

[quote:9ae57e7262="motherscratcher"]I can't be alone in saying that I rely on the weekends to finalize my teams. Wed night sure doesn't give a lot of time after waivers.[/quote:9ae57e7262]

Some of us are quicker/better than others at buttoning things up, but I do agree with mo on this. IMO 48 hours is OK, 72 really nice.
FUDU

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx