Transition Postponed?

Transition Postponed?

Postby pikesvilleal » Thu May 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Pushed back to late June?
pikesvilleal

Postby Guynick » Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 pm

I got that as well. Clarity, anyone official?
Guynick

Postby dalekeener » Thu May 31, 2012 1:16 pm

I just got that email as well......
dalekeener

Postby KEVINEHLE » Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 pm

That is weird. We all get emails from Sporting News about the delay before hearing here on the boards. That's OK with me. I have a couple leagues that are starting and ending the next few days.
KEVINEHLE

Postby FRANKMANSUETO » Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Well I still have not received an e-mail about any delay. :(
FRANKMANSUETO

Postby voovits » Thu May 31, 2012 1:43 pm

For anyone else who may not have gotten it (yet)...

"To all past and present Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online managers:

We are pushing back the move of the Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online games to strat-o-matic.com to later in June. So find all of your favorite Strat-O-Matic Baseball games here online at SportingNews.com for a little while longer!

We will send out another email with the exact moving/launch dates soon!

From your friends at Sporting News and Strat-O-Matic "
voovits

Postby Valen » Thu May 31, 2012 1:44 pm

A little concerned. Having read the post in the other thread about the stress related bleeding and having experienced that cannot help but wonder if the delay is related. Also cannot help wondering if lack of post here is due to Bernie being really swamped or if health has sidelined him.

Hoping for the best on the health and hoping the delay in transition is a sign the higher ups have realized the need to be more realistic about a huge project. Unrealistic deadlines are in my experience the #1 reason for IT project failures. Hope for all concerned, Bernie and the customers, that Strato realizes this and will do it right: Complete the coding and then set the transition dates.
Valen

Postby dalekeener » Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 pm

[quote:ee8753ac2b="Valen"]A little concerned. Having read the post in the other thread about the stress related bleeding and having experienced that cannot help but wonder if the delay is related. Also cannot help wondering if lack of post here is due to Bernie being really swamped or if health has sidelined him.

Hoping for the best on the health and hoping the delay in transition is a sign the higher ups have realized the need to be more realistic about a huge project. Unrealistic deadlines are in my experience the #1 reason for IT project failures. Hope for all concerned, Bernie and the customers, that Strato realizes this and will do it right: Complete the coding and then set the transition dates.[/quote:ee8753ac2b]

I agree 100%. Just have Bernie keep on keepin on working on the project until it is complete/bugs worked out etc....Then set dates for transition...Unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we do not know about there is no need to rush a project of this magnitude....
dalekeener

Postby apolivka » Thu May 31, 2012 4:54 pm

I totally agree. Take your time Bernie, and do it right. No need to stress yourself to the point of illness!
apolivka

And on a related issue.....

Postby Chuckgnh1 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm

Has anyone else read that the November election is being pushed back to New Year's Day so that all voters can be properly hung over, sick to their stomachs, and thus able to come to their collective senses???

What we really need is more time to evaluate the boobs who are just egotistical enough to think they might have any sense of the ills that are placing our collective buttocks in the very large dumpster that we're ending up in! That is (as intended) a non-partisan indictment of where we stand, by the way.

On an appropriate note....I was very troubled to note that Bernie is suffering physical ills. We have a pretty entertaining product here, seemingly maintained by one very devoted gentleman. There's something wrong with this picture, if he's stressed to the point of physical ills - and I for one am all set for now and prepared to be very patient in waiting for the upgrade to happen. We're dealing with a very good product here, IMHO! My best wishes to you Bernie - take care of your SELF, first and foremost. This could be one time around on the planet, you know.

Chuck G.
Chuckgnh1

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx