Josh Hamilton hits 4 HR in today's game

Josh Hamilton hits 4 HR in today's game

Postby JOSEPHKENDALL » Tue May 08, 2012 9:07 pm

He tied a record for TB in a game also.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120508&content_id=30730042&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
JOSEPHKENDALL

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed May 09, 2012 7:51 am

I was watching this game, he was in a zone. That last homer, however, was an 0-2 pitch right down the middle. It sure looked like Balt. didn't mind the 4th homer. I think most teams would have thrown 4 in the dirt.
Jeepdriver

Postby Valen » Fri May 11, 2012 4:15 pm

That may seem strange Odea tossing one down the middle with an 0-2 count.
But to some extent that is his game. At his best in Texas he threw toward middle of plate and relied on the movement to take it to the edges. Works well until it does not move and stays in the middle. Plus he was always one to keep challenging hitters with 2 strikes instead of wasting 2 or more trying to get them to chase so they end up walking someone they had on the ropes. That was always something I liked about him.

He had a couple great years and then got hurt. Since returning his pitches do not seem to have that same movement consistently.

Pitching to a former teammate may have resulted in extra motivation to try getting Hamilton out instead of the possibly wiser strategy of 4 in the dirt. We sometimes forget the mental part of the game and that sometimes means ego plays a part. If I were pitching to a friend no way I want them saying after I was afraid to go after them.
Valen

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx