my first petco team

Postby geekor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 pm

LAwrie hasn't done well in my leagues so far, at least not worth 7+ mil, whereas Young has from what I've seen.

Me, I have a Hosmer/Baker platoon doing well in Kaufman. I'm different from Vis and splinter, I don't see Boni as a great choice, unless you're facing tons of LHP. His side vs RHP is pedestrian.

I like Joyce better moving RJ to LF (one of my favorite cards so far).

For sure though 1B needs a change, I personally like your 2B, SS, CF and Rf/Lf (RJ).

Also, if it were me, I would drop a RP or 2 and pick up the last good * SP in Romero and just abuse your SP for as much as you can. Leaving Holland to take the rest, as much as possible. I'm getting by with that strategy on another team with Aceves sucking up most of the non SP innings to pretty good success (when my team hits).
geekor

Postby visick » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Can u also get Lawrie?
visick

Postby lev.cohen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 pm

lawrie and holliday? i doubt that..
lev.cohen

Postby geekor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:47 pm

FWIW, here is a target team with a lot of those guys (Lawrie, Reyes, Howie) running my SP as much as possible with Aceves taking most of the leftovers.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=380150

Lawrie started off very bad, didn't even notice him finally coming around.
Last edited by geekor on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geekor

Postby lev.cohen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:47 pm

[quote:494dc78905="geekor"]LAwrie hasn't done well in my leagues so far, at least not worth 7+ mil, whereas Young has from what I've seen.

Me, I have a Hosmer/Baker platoon doing well in Kaufman. I'm different from Vis and splinter, I don't see Boni as a great choice, unless you're facing tons of LHP. His side vs RHP is pedestrian.

I like Joyce better moving RJ to LF (one of my favorite cards so far).

For sure though 1B needs a change, I personally like your 2B, SS, CF and Rf/Lf (RJ).

Also, if it were me, I would drop a RP or 2 and pick up the last good * SP in Romero and just abuse your SP for as much as you can. Leaving Holland to take the rest, as much as possible. I'm getting by with that strategy on another team with Aceves sucking up most of the non SP innings to pretty good success (when my team hits).[/quote:494dc78905]
You might have a point on Boni. I only have 2 LH SP in my division. What would you think about Young at 2nd, Lawrie at 3rd, Joyce at RF and RJ at LF
lev.cohen

Postby the splinter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 pm

the thing about Boni is he gives you depth

in this set you need depth

You have either Lawrie or Holiday and they go down...slide in Boni!
the splinter

Postby geekor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

[quote:741eebee53="the splinter"]the thing about Boni is he gives you depth

in this set you need depth[/quote:741eebee53]

I don't get that? I mean if your starter goes down you're playing a sub 1 mil backup either way.

I don't mean to side track this (and I'm leaving to go play some ball soon) but sure he plays lots of positions, but so will your 4 subs.

no dh remember
geekor

Postby lev.cohen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:58 pm

[quote:cde049b41b="the splinter"]the thing about Boni is he gives you depth

in this set you need depth

You have either Lawrie or Holiday and they go down...slide in Boni![/quote:cde049b41b]
Ah too late i dropped him and someone picked me up :( . I do feel a lot happier about my offense now though. Idk what im going to do about 1B though. And i dont think i can free up the cash for romero.
lev.cohen

Postby the splinter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm

I agree...too much pen

I would drop Wilhelmson (at least) and go after more offense

FYI...I think Hamels is over rated...he might do very well in Petco but in my leagues he has been so-so
the splinter

Postby the splinter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 pm

I think its easier to find a 1M corner OF that can fill in for Boni while he plays 3B or CF or etc etc then it is to find a decent BU for your injury prone stud
the splinter

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx