Replay Feature is Great!

Replay Feature is Great!

Postby johnsain » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:28 am

:D Thank you for this!......Makes a huge difference.

I have wanted this for many years and once even made a suggestion on this message board.

I enjoy this game at least 10x more now. Much more like when I played the game as a kid as experienced how the games unfolded, rather than just examine box scores.

I watch the games unfold without knowing the outcome. To do this I have to cover the scores with a pre-cut piece of paper that only expose the replay icon.

That's the only thing I'd add to this. A way to start the automatic replay of the 3 games without easily seeing the results first. But anyway I have my own method for now.
johnsain

Postby theClaw » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:21 am

there is a preference choice located in the your account section. You can choose to hide your results there. :)
theClaw

Postby johnsain » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:14 am

Oh thanks!....wow!,...I haven't played in a few years. SOM never rests! :D
johnsain

Postby Tanooki » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 am

[quote:a41d31677f="theClaw"]there is a preference choice located in the your account section. You can choose to hide your results there. :)[/quote:a41d31677f]

reeally? sweeet. I TOO have to agree the replay feature is FANTASTIC ;)

First thing in the morning I have my big cup of coffee and start watching my games ... can't believe how excited i get sometimes. Justin Upton just hit 3 HRs this morning each time my team was down by 1 run and the last HR being in the bottom of the 11th 2 run shot to come from behind! i almost fell over my seat!! :O)
Tanooki

Postby artie4121 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 pm

I am a HUGE fan of the Replay.

I get on my Long Island Railroad train, sit down with my coffee, open my iPad and hit the bookmark that goes right to the HIDE/SHOW PREFERENCES window. I hit "Hide," then open my account page and begin watching my four teams games at relatively high speed.

The BEST thing about it from a practical viewpoint is that it gives me an idea of how my pitchers are REALLY doing. If they are getting clobbered by rolls on the HITTERS' cards, there isn't much I can do about that . . . If every time a roll lands on the pitcher's card there is disaster, well that is another thing.

I do hope the new retooling of the site keeps this function as simple as it has been.

Artie
artie4121

Postby MrHacktastic » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:30 pm

[quote:92ac72fc61="Tanooki"][quote:92ac72fc61="theClaw"]there is a preference choice located in the your account section. You can choose to hide your results there. :)[/quote:92ac72fc61]

reeally? sweeet. I TOO have to agree the replay feature is FANTASTIC ;)

First thing in the morning I have my big cup of coffee and start watching my games ... can't believe how excited i get sometimes. Justin Upton just hit 3 HRs this morning each time my team was down by 1 run and the last HR being in the bottom of the 11th 2 run shot to come from behind! i almost fell over my seat!! :O)[/quote:92ac72fc61]

I'm the same way. I make my Keurig cup of coffee and watch my games while I am waking up preparing to go to work. I ruminate on my outcomes and second guess my lineups and settings throughout the day depending on the results. Sometimes a heartbreaking loss or crazy comeback victory can totally change my morning lol.

I love the replay feature and I think that is really what makes this game addictive for me. Without it I think it would be easier to quit cold turkey. But last time I didn't have a team playing I didn't know what to do in the morning and I kind of went crazy. I started pestering people in the forums to sign up for another 86 season so I could start playing again.
MrHacktastic

Postby toronto50 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

wouldnt it be great if they could get Vin SCULLY to call the play by play???

bernie is a genius...but that wud make him the second coming!!
toronto50

Postby MrHacktastic » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 pm

[quote:951319b797="toronto50"]wouldnt it be great if they could get Vin SCULLY to call the play by play???

bernie is a genius...but that wud make him the second coming!![/quote:951319b797]

I remember having this electronic game with lights where it was all announcing. You saw flashing lights and you had to press swing roughly when you thought it was getting to the plate.

The game basically consisted of listening to Vin Scully announce (I'm almost positive that is who it was but it was so long ago). It sounded funny when he announced the batter as that was just a pre-recorded name.

I had to look it up after mentioning it.

Here is the link to what I could find. This is the game I was referring to.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22585/starting-lineup-talking-baseball
MrHacktastic

Postby Tanooki » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 am

[quote:d3befdfd00="Hackdog99"][quote:d3befdfd00="toronto50"]wouldnt it be great if they could get Vin SCULLY to call the play by play???

bernie is a genius...but that wud make him the second coming!![/quote:d3befdfd00]

I remember having this electronic game with lights where it was all announcing. You saw flashing lights and you had to press swing roughly when you thought it was getting to the plate.

The game basically consisted of listening to Vin Scully announce (I'm almost positive that is who it was but it was so long ago). It sounded funny when he announced the batter as that was just a pre-recorded name.

I had to look it up after mentioning it.

Here is the link to what I could find. This is the game I was referring to.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/22585/starting-lineup-talking-baseball[/quote:d3befdfd00]

OMG I had that game and LOVED it. Tried finding it for so long to no avail and alas holy smokes there it is!! I played that game endlessly, and I think if i focus hard enough I can still here that silky smooth voice!
Tanooki

Postby Tanooki » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 am

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-tQ17E4iA[/url]
Tanooki

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx