Strat-O-Matic.com transition info/FAQ

Postby 216 Stitches » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:17 pm

[quote:06c2c7e504="El-Saltman"][quote:06c2c7e504="latorrer"]26 years in IT, I can test the crap out of it for you![/quote:06c2c7e504]

Suggestion:

Toilet paper. Scented, non-bleached.[/quote:06c2c7e504]

From the old Wizard of Id comic:

Peaseant: "Whats the Gross National Product?"

Sir Rodney: "That would be monographed toilet paper."
216 Stitches

Postby Blutarsky » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Bernie-

Should recurring leagues be making any consideration re: the switchover when consider our next seasons? Is there any reason why we should hold off starting another one until the switch?
Blutarsky

Connection to PC based game

Postby CHARLESBELL » Sat May 05, 2012 1:27 pm

The online game obviously uses the SOM computer game engine. However, in many, many ways the online game is better than the computer based game due to all the great changes that have been implemented for online play. Do you know if some or all of the online features will be incorporated back into the computer game? I hope I hope!?

charlie
CHARLESBELL

Postby bernieh » Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey guys!

The main post has been updated with official dates for Moving Day (actually Moving Weekend) - Friday, June 1 to Monday, June 4 - along with full instructions on registering your account on Strat-O-Matic.com where you want your teams to move to, and some more info.

Soon I'll be posting more visible links to this page, and we'll be sending a mass email out to make sure everyone gets the message.

If you've got any questions, please ask. My goal is to make the transition as smooth and seamless as possible for us all.
bernieh

Postby blsmith7 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Bernie - I've tried logging on to the Strat-o-matic site, but can't remember my username and/or pw. I have entered my email address multiple times in the past month to get the info, but I have yet to receive any email from them. I can't register a new account because they say my email is already attached to an account.
blsmith7

Postby LMBombers » Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 am

smitty, I had the same scenario. You have to log in with your email address and ask for a PW reminder email. From that email you get a link you can use to update your info. I changed my log on ID to match my TSN ID but you don't have to.
LMBombers

Postby dharmabums » Wed May 16, 2012 8:53 am

Bernie, I like the recommendation at bottom of the transition page to go have a beer. Will do. You too though! :wink:
dharmabums

Question for Bernie

Postby mesquiton » Wed May 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Bernie, thanks for the info and all your excellent work. I do have a question that I hope you can clarify for the denser among us: If we choose a different user name for our Strat-o-Matic account, does that become our team manager name for all teams on the new site?

Example: Say my current manager/username on TSN is "mesquiton" and I also have an older account "oldmesquiton" with the same email. If I create a new account at Strat-o-Matic with the same email and the username "newmesquiton", will my manager name for all (including merged) teams at the new site become "newmesquiton"?

And "newmesquiton" would also generate a new set of combined manager stats reflecting all the merged teams at the new site?

Also, it appears that, unlike TSN, Strat-o-Matic allows users to change their account usernames at will on their account profile page. Does that mean on the new site we'll be able to change our team manager names at will, just by changing our account usernames?
mesquiton

Postby chasenally » Wed May 16, 2012 6:18 pm

I think I will change my user ID to: Bonecrackingbuschuckingjeepsmashingkeyzickkillinggeekorstomperhumandraftdelay. Will that fit in the new system?

Thanx
Mike
:wink:
chasenally

Postby KEVINEHLE » Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 am

[quote:d26fb60058="chasenally"]I think I will change my user ID to: Bonecrackingbuschuckingjeepsmashingkeyzickkillinggeekorstomperhumandraftdelay. Will that fit in the new system?

Thanx
Mike
:wink:[/quote:d26fb60058]

Mike, it's trashtalk like this that starts a 12 game losing streak for all of your teams. However, you did leave my name out of it, so the SOM gods may cut you a break. I'm their favorite. :wink:

Kev
KEVINEHLE

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx