Markakis or Hamilton in Petco?

Markakis or Hamilton in Petco?

Postby The Mahoots » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Markakis or Hamilton in Petco ?
my division is balanced with pitchers and hitters parks..and between LH and RH pitching...
my lineup is fine against RHP..but short on middle of the order power...good OBP..Ellsbury is my only LHpower...
so I am torn between Hamilton's extra Slugging Pct..and one more run per game and his 3 injury...come on big fella get off the pipe :)
thoughts
Michael
The Mahoots

Postby Rant » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Really depends on the rest of your lineup, but I'd probably go with Hamilton and get a decent cheap backup.

For Markakis, you're paying a lot for the injury proofing and fielding. If you don't have a MASH unit already, then Hamilton can bring you about the same defensively and is a top 50 RCR in PETCO. Plus Hamilton has nice natural power versus lefties, so he's not terrible on the other side.

The only problem is that you're paying for Hamilton's BP HRs. I'd rather spend that money and generate a little more offense when he's healthy. Only other reason I'd think Markakis is that he gives a * lead. If you're offense is built on speed, he may be a better fit there.
Rant

Postby Semper Gumby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Markasis has higher OB chances versus LHP and RHP than Hamilton. You're getting a nearly bulletproof player, a solid R rating and a great arm in the OF.

Besides Hamilton's injury issue (add a $.6m backup here) and Hamilton's BPHR issue in Petco (worth 10 to 12 outs in your home park), Hamilton isn't cheap

For Petco, Markasis is the better choice.
Semper Gumby

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx