Site rebuild teaser... parts 2 and 3 (update Fri. 1/27)

Postby Sknsfan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:37 am

Not sure exactly which post this is best put on but i thought here might do.

How do people feel about this: On the lineups page actually having the hitters current splits vs lefties/righties instead of just their total season stats. Just for the sim side of course.

Again this is more of a tim saver than a broken thing. It would beat my constantly going back and forth to the team page to make sure I set the lineup the way i wanted.
Sknsfan

Postby Munich_Man » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 am

[quote:da2db78d14="sknsfan"]Not sure exactly which post this is best put on but i thought here might do.

How do people feel about this: On the lineups page actually having the hitters current splits vs lefties/righties instead of just their total season stats. Just for the sim side of course.

Again this is more of a tim saver than a broken thing. It would beat my constantly going back and forth to the team page to make sure I set the lineup the way i wanted.[/quote:da2db78d14]

That is an awesome idea. Man, that would make setting/changing lineups much easier.
Munich_Man

Postby geekor » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 am

you guys adjust your lineups on stats and not based on the cards themselves??

maybe that's why I don't win :(
geekor

Postby Valen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

Start with the cards but like to tweak lineup midseason based on what is actually resulting, especially if team is not doing well.
Valen

Postby Munich_Man » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 pm

[quote:dc1bbbfa03="geekor"]you guys adjust your lineups on stats and not based on the cards themselves??

maybe that's why I don't win :([/quote:dc1bbbfa03]

I have no idea how to read cards, and I don't care. I still follow my classic card-reading methodology--

Hitters, [b:dc1bbbfa03]BOLD [/b:dc1bbbfa03]= GOOD,
Pitchers, [b:dc1bbbfa03]BOLD [/b:dc1bbbfa03]= BAD

The only thing I use Diamond Dope for is the Actuals and drafting. I don't care what a card is SUPPOSED to do, I just care about how it actually performs.
Munich_Man

Postby Sknsfan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm kind of a nerd about it.

I break down the cards v. lefties and righties with my own crazy formulas. Then I set the lineups based on those breakdowns.

Then after the first two weeks I'll see how everyone is performing and adjust my lineups accordingly. I adjust every 5 to 10 days after that depending on how I'm doing.

Statistically it's probably better to leave the hitters where they belong, but if HAL is giving my 4L guy a beating v. lefties and he's killing righties, I adjust him in the lineup.

By the end of the season most guys are within a batting order spot or two from where i thought they should be, but every now and then someone just can't hit.

I usually try to trade him. :wink:
Sknsfan

Postby Valen » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 pm

On the account page where it lists all of our teams there are columns showing place, record and number of games behind.

If in first it just lists a - in the games behind column. Might be nice if it showed how many games ahead the team is. Separate column not needed as you could just list it in same column.

Also would be a plus if there was a column showing how many games out of the wild card that team is.
Valen

Postby thisisdan26 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Just curious, is it possible to have a stat category for players v.s. any team?
thisisdan26

Postby tjbraun » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Would it be possible to include the BPHR/BPHR Chances and BPHSI/BPSI Chances on the splits tabs so you can see how they are performing at home vs on the road or break it out that way on the Misc tab?

Thanks
tjbraun

Postby Runnin Rebel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 am

i don't know how to contain my joy......x-ratings AND ballpark stats

Tears of Joy, RR
Runnin Rebel

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx