Site rebuild teaser... parts 2 and 3 (update Fri. 1/27)

Postby nevdully's » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:48 am

[quote:f3f54559c5]Some type of if-then logic would be good for base stealing; e.g., if pitcher's hold rating is +7, then... or if it is -4, then...[/quote:f3f54559c5]

Not sure I like that specific example because things could get absurdly outta hand....But settings more specific like steal 2nd but not 3rd or not when trailing or leading by X...something along those lines might be good....Just not tied into + - ratings.
nevdully's

Postby Valen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:12 pm

I agree tying to ratings could get cumbersome regarding setup.

But if it is set up as nev describes when trailing or leading by x do I get thrown at when I keep running with Brock and Henderson down by 10. :lol: That is all this site needs is some unwriiten rules.

Seriously, it would be nice to have some distinction made between aggressiveness when stealing third and stealing second. :lol:
Valen

Postby AeroDave10 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Why not something as simple as:

Steal 2nd if success chance is greater than ____

Advance to 2nd if success chance is greater than ____

Perhaps build some in logic if the score differential is too great or there are two outs or other decision-changing circumstances. You can also have different settings for 2nd, 3rd, and home.
AeroDave10

Postby nevdully's » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Stats of righty/lefty off the hitters and pitchers cards.....
nevdully's

Postby voovits » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

The CDROM game has some in depth baserunning options and a specific basestealing option.

The baserunning is quite in depth and may be a bit much for folks who aren't hardcore into the game. Honestly, I wouldn't mess with it if it were in the online game:

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a475/voovits/Baserunning.jpg

However, the basestealing option is quite straightforward and easy to use.
Not the last option on the screenshot indicating a percentage.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a475/voovits/Stealsettings.jpg

I would love this option and would certainly use it.

Any reason it can't be implemented into this game?

Edit: Images aren't working for some reason, so I copied the actual URL to the thread.
Last edited by voovits on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voovits

Postby pip_the_midget » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:08 pm

These are awesome improvements, thanks! It'll no longer be as much of a guessing game as to why exactly a team is under or over performing...I'm most excited about all the new stats.
pip_the_midget

mystery card game adjustments

Postby coyote303 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 am

Even though I first brought it up, I'd like the decision to block any of these new cool new things for the mystery card games only be done where really necessary.

I remember arguing against showing X-card results in the mystery game when they first announced it as a new feature. I don't know if my argument had any effect in the decision, but I now really wish they did show these results. It really adds to my enjoyment in single-season games.
coyote303

Holy s....

Postby SteadyEddie33 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:37 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Having been on a 'strat break' for a few weeks, my mind is definitely spinning...but in a good way! :D

Keep working your magic, Bernie!
SteadyEddie33

Postby gbrookes » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Hey Bernieh - not sure if someone else has already asked for this -

Regarding the game playing statistics for pitchers -

I would like to see stats on doubles and triples allowed by pitchers.

I would also like to see stats on DP's (and GB DP's) by pitcher. It would be nice to be able to know how many of those DPs were from rolls from the pitcher's card, vs. rolls to the X chart, vs rolls on the batters' cards.

For HRs allowed, it would be fun to be able to see HRs split out by ballpark homeruns (total ballpark HR rolls and total ballpark HRs allowed) as well as the split card HRs (basic HR readings).

I can dream, right?
gbrookes

Postby fredpaii » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 am

Looking forward to playing the game with all these improvements. Nice.

Thank you Bernie.
fredpaii

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx