wtf Hal..... i swear i am just getting turned off to strat

wtf Hal..... i swear i am just getting turned off to strat

Postby guardman9 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 am

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/playoffs/boxscore.html?group_id=144689&g_id=973

thats the box score, game one playoffs (btt90s)

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/team/team_other.html?user_id=345895&stats=sim&onroster=1

thats the team

monster team, 103 wins, clemens on the mound against cal freaking eldred with a 5 plus era on the season and clem (sub 2.5 era, 1.00 whip, cy young winner) is used for 11 innings????

then, worst yet, with 4 other rp sitting in the bullpen and quick hook, max 1-2 innings selected for each, dumbass Hal keeps my rp in for 3 innnings, giving up a double then homer in the top of the whatever inning

I am getting tired of this, 6 weeks of building great teams just to be blown by HAL dumbass moves over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

Im seriously thinking about leaving this, here is another great example of wtf? this 80s team won 111 games, led league in off and pitching and didnt even mak eit past game 6 of the first round......

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/80s/playoffs/team_other.html?user_id=186823&stats=sim

stick a fork in me, im done with hal and strat
Last edited by guardman9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
guardman9

Postby KEVINEHLE » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:08 am

Not sure what you are complaining about in the Clemens game. Did you not want Clemens to pitch 11 innings in the big game? Also, McElroy had mowed down 7 in a row when he gave up the double/HR. Two bad pitches. I'm not understanding your logic. Your bullpen is a bunch of cheapies so it made sense that HAL chose to keep Clemens in as long as possible. McElroy wasn't tired and pitching well..........so again.....huh?

Kev
KEVINEHLE

im mad because obviously the settings mean nothing

Postby maarkmosser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 am

1-2 max for all bullpen means they dont pitch more than 1-2 innings......and cheapies with sub 2 era's are pretty damn good. Plus i had 2 lefties and 2 righties, your telling me you couldnt trow another leftie against grif and a righty against thomas????? like every real manager would?????

the clemens for 11 isnt what im pissed about its the combination of years of bs by hal, the fact that cal freaking eldred outdueld clemes is, well, stupid.... but fine if that was it, cool, but the fact that i lost that game because my rp was fatigued starting the 3rd inning and i had 4 other awesome guys on the bench,

yeah im pissed
maarkmosser

Postby apolivka » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 am

Your RP was not fatigued when he gave up the HR to Thomas. He was at F9 and dropped to F8 AFTER giving up the dinger. So, your best reliever during the regular season gave up an extra inning homer to Frank Thomas. Not a shocking result at all, and HAL did fine.

Guys like Cal Eldred out duel guys like Clemens in real life all the time, and in strato head-to-head. It can be a frustrating game.

The better team only wins a playoff series about 55-60% of the time. Tell me the St. Louis Cardinals were the best team in baseball this year. The playoffs are more a coin flip than a true test of who has the best team. Winning 102 games is way more impressive than winning the playoffs.
apolivka

Postby the splinter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:24 pm

one thing I am confused about...

2 guys seem to be talking about the same team as if they are both the GM

what gives?
the splinter

Postby the splinter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am

2guys.....1team?

No reply to the previous post?

Makes me wonder how he gets 100 wins teams with such regularity.... I've played hundreds of teams and can count on 2 hands how many 100 win teams I faced.....

Just saying
the splinter

Postby theClaw » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:12 pm

not the sharpest tool in the shed...i believe he has a third username to boot....
theClaw

actually 3rd username, and f u for accusing me of cheating

Postby guardman9 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:23 am

guardman9, mosser1979, aolguardman9 (go look and see if i ever put two teams in one league which is the dumbest idea in the world)

i will be the first to tell you, since your accusing me of cheating, two teams managed by the same manager in one league is absolutly the dumbest way to do it...

do you really want to spend what 50 bucks for a chance at just 1 or 2 credits? and what does two teams in the same league do other than take away more players for one team and chances to win? only two teams get credits, only one wins.....two teams in the same league is just a dumb idea and waste of money (regardless if its $15 or $25)

if strats gonna offer the 15 for two teams for new managers, then why not register more than once....????

and to the prick that accused me of cheating, maybe you suck thats why you cant win 100 games.

iv managed 75 teams so far, at least 8 have won 100 games (best was the 111 from the 80s team i posted earlier). ironically, only one made it past the first round of the playioffs. yet all of my 84-89 win wild card teams (10) made it to the ws and 8 won the whole thing...????

and to the a$$hole who threw out the last 15 years only the yankees won the ws after winning 100 games, your a complete moron. your comparing real life baseball to a computer game where random has to be programmed...???? if you build a team that is 10 games better than any other, they shouldnt be swept away in the first round EVERY TIME
Last edited by guardman9 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
guardman9

finally someone that feels my pain

Postby guardman9 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 am

djkalle
All-Star

Report abuse | Block 09 Nov 2011 12:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel your pain and do get very frustrated with HAL.

It is like you are the owner and HAL is the manager. You have sent instructions to HAL. But HAL watches McElroy mow down 6 straight batters and thinks, "the owner really doesn't want me to pull him when he is pitching this good." The trick is HAL's contract says he can never be fired. You can only complain to the media - that being the rest of the SOM players and people who run SOM.

Obviously, the quick hook is not a hard setting. It is a most of the time that will happen setting. I think there should be an option to make our choices hard settings. But giving the manager no flexibility may actually be worse than what HAL does now.

Does anyone feel that HAL manages differently in the playoffs than the regular season? To me it seems he does but maybe I am just paying more attention to each at bat.

Everything balances out in the end. Win a championship with 82 regular season wins and it wipes out losing with the 100 win team. Have fun!

Chuck
guardman9

Postby theClaw » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:55 am

I do not believe anyone said you had two teams in one league, just a comment about multiple user names. Because you posted now with multiple names it seems odd but not wrong.
theClaw

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx