Tribute to Marcus Wilby aka Luckyman - please join in

Postby gbrookes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:27 am

I raised a glass to your health! (it's a long story why it happens to be in the middle of the night - my own version of health reasons).

To state the obvious, we are glad to have you back - but we're glad to hear that you are convalescing back to good health! We're happy to hear from you, but we don't expect you to post on these boards in the same way you once did. Make sure you take care of yourself - and it sounds like you are. :)

Just good to hear from you!
gbrookes

Postby Roscodog » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Good to see you're still around.
Roscodog

Good Luck and Best Wishes...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 pm

To you and your family, MW...Wishing you a quick recovery and success in all your new endeavors. I used to create Invitational Leagues so I could compete with the highest rated players - Just to see how I fared against the best. I was clearly the lowest rated player in every one ofd those leagues.

Of all the top players in the past that I played - You were the only one I never finished ahead of. Definitely one of the Top 5 Players on the alltime list IMHO. I won't say who the other 4 are. And a really nice guy to go with all that knowledge, which he tirelessly shared with EVERYONE.

My Best Always in all that you endeavor.

Sincerely, Robert(Swpsychic)
ROBERTVOZZA

Re: Good Luck and Best Wishes...

Postby Jerlins » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 am

[quote:3aad498191="robvoz"]To you and your family, MW...Wishing you a quick recovery and success in all your new endeavors. I used to create Invitational Leagues so I could compete with the highest rated players - Just to see how I fared against the best. I was clearly the lowest rated player in every one ofd those leagues.

Of all the top players in the past that I played - You were the only one I never finished ahead of. Definitely one of the Top 5 Players on the alltime list IMHO. I won't say who the other 4 are. And a really nice guy to go with all that knowledge, which he tirelessly shared with EVERYONE.

My Best Always in all that you endeavor.

Sincerely, Robert(Swpsychic)[/quote:3aad498191]

And yet another great from the past pops in. Wow Robert, it's been at least a year, maybe two. Another top notch player who helped me along in my SOM career. I still recall you inviting me to join one of your invitational league, when I was still learning the ropes, and convinced me I could actually have a bit of fun, learn a bit more, and actually compete with the legends of the game. I can't recall how I did in your leagues, but if memory serves me right, there was one league I think I beat you 21 of 24 divisional games :wink:
Jerlins

Postby fredpaii » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:28 am

[quote:e62de97641="Roscodog"]Good to see you're still around.[/quote:e62de97641]

Yes. Literally. :D
fredpaii

Thanks...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:59 pm

For the reminder, Jerry...Typical in your face New Englander - :wink: I love it and miss it out here in Politically correctland. I sent you a msg as I have created a new GBBR Type League old friends invitational. Hope to see you there. R
ROBERTVOZZA

Hey Lucky...

Postby ROBERTVOZZA » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:12 pm

I hope you are getting well fast. If you're up to it, I have a ssembled a great group of veterans in an Invitational AD League called GOBL(Good Old Buddies League.)

It is comprised of Ehlkekev, Stoney, Bigmahon, Jeep, JPav, Jerlins, CATom, Durantjerry, Keyzick, Edgecitytx and myself. We only need one more and we'd love to have you play - Even if it is the only league you're in this year. I don't know about the others, but I don't think I have played against you in several years. And it quite possible that this may be the last year I play.

So if you get to read this thread and post please let me know if you'd like to join us. It is 80M, Advanced, DH, Weighted and progressive caphit for FA list. You or Edge would be the last ones in. Would be great to have you with us. Either way. Hope you'll be feeling on top of the world again soon. :wink:

My Best Always, Robert(swpsychic)
ROBERTVOZZA

Postby bomp helium » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 am

Best wishes and get well soon MW...:)
bomp helium

Postby kaviksdad » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Best wishes Marc - I too owe much of my early success to employing those strategies you so selflessly shared. And it's served me well all these years. Much of the reputation as wise veterans us "old-timers" have was learned through competition with you, and many of my most satisfying wins have come when matched up against you and other Luckyman-influenced vets...like Qksilver. Without your help I'm sure I would have fled in frustration years ago.

Hope your recovery continues without incident, and that you're able successful in the job search. Thanks for all the help over the years, and for being one of the foundations of our little community.

Kaviksdad
kaviksdad

Postby JKolak » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Of courswe given the fact that I hardly play the game anymore, I was sorry to see your posting Luckyman. You were always one of my favorite opponents in the old pioneer days of StratOMatic. Best wishes for a full recovery!
JKolak

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx