Tribute to Marcus Wilby aka Luckyman - please join in

Postby the splinter » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 am

well I never get to play against you any more so in my world you went AWOL

Due to your veteran status...can we call you quicksilverback nowadays?
the splinter

Postby edgecitytx » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Between Lucky, Qk, and the long gone Reid Hokama, I learned how to play this game. Thanks to all of you. My rating system is based on correspondence with Lucky, who I considered a good friend and who I miss.
edgecitytx

Postby geekor » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 pm

+1 to luckyman...

I had never played any strat before here at TSN (actually started by playing football here, not baseball).

If it wasn't for some kind vets like luckyman, qksilver, penngray, ArryltT and Mav showing guys like me the way, I'd never have been here that long.
geekor

Postby jflatour99 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 pm

I can't say that I know him very much being less active in the Strato community but he's been on our Québec League for 1 season and we enjoyed very much his presence, his kindness and honesty.

I emailed him about this thread hoping that everything is alright for him.
jflatour99

Postby gbrookes » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 pm

jflatour99 - Thanks! Please pass on our regards and best wishes!
gbrookes

Postby jflatour99 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:24 pm

[quote:511681b611="Geoff Brookes"]jflatour99 - Thanks! Please pass on our regards and best wishes![/quote:511681b611]

done, with the thread's link.
jflatour99

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks so much Geoff for your post. I feel really blessed. Sorry for your trouble about the gift.

My old university email doesn't work anymore, but JF had my new email and set the link for this post...my newer email is marcalain.pelletier at gmail

Long story short: got a huge medical issue; had to go through hospitalization for months and stuff. I'm getting better, but as I write, I still haven't been back to having a full-time job...I have a couple of job interviews coming next week...I might as well put this post in my credentials!!!! I also started my own consulting business as an alternative, although I still haven't spent any energy in marketing this....bottom-line...light is getting brighter down in my tunnel.

With health becoming a priority, and with time and money becoming issues, strat was lost in the horizon... and though it might sound funny, staying awake to get the scores was kinda getting in the way in my sleep hygiene...I needed all the rest I could, and I had never convinced myself to wait in the morning to see the scores!!!

Let me finish by saying that I have so much nice memories with the strat community....I cheer those memories deeply.

---Discussing strat cards with Claw, geekor
---Thinking strategies over with Geoff, durantjerry
---Micro-managing against qksilver (I still resent that game 7 that I lost when we both switched our starting pitchers...I should have guessed you would switch too!!!),
---Trying to answer Dr Fleisig fine-grained queries (but let me say, Glenn, I always LOL when I remember your playing against these teens of Star tournament in that cheap motel...in Orlando, wasn't it???)
---arguing to my last blood vs J-Pav....
---discussing over non-strat issues with so many of you, edgecity, bigmahon, splinter.... and with all of those whose name I'm surely forgetting....but memories with you will not be forgotten.

Good strat!!!
Last edited by MARCPELLETIER on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby J-Pav » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:38 pm

[b:a9aaabf1c6]Marc[/b:a9aaabf1c6],

Good to hear from you! :D

Best wishes for you and yours - hope to have you back full time in the community very soon.

With thoughts and prayers,

[b:a9aaabf1c6]Jeff[/b:a9aaabf1c6]
J-Pav

Postby MEAT » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:11 am

one of the all time greats...helpful, AND kind and funny. what a combo! yeah, send this and employers will be fighting over ya...
MEAT

Postby gbrookes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:26 am

Hey Marcus!!! Good to hear from you!!! Glad you are on the mend!!!

:) !!!
gbrookes

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx