Our new growth initiatives

Postby scorehouse » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:54 pm

i'm not on facebook but i'd love to play head to head live on this site! :twisted: :D :mrgreen:
scorehouse

Postby willmurr24 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm

I am not a computer savvy guy,so I may be underestimating the work involved, but I believe the best way to increase games played is to increase the number of seasons available .Stratomatic allready has every season ever available ,the research done ,the seasons on software.Why can;t TSN simply input seasonal data from ALL past seasons into their game playing engine. Imagine the keeper leagues forming
willmurr24

Postby Salty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 pm

I do like the idea of having all the seasons available, but I dont think it will increase business much- and I think Bernie mentioned that there was an issue if strat had not made an Super Advanced card for certain seasons.

If you have the same number of folks playing regularly, I think you are gonna see approx. the same number of leagues filling or declining numbers with occasional spikes.
Salty

Postby Palanion » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am

Yes, Super Advanced is an issue. Cards that are not SADV are not fully compatible (e.g., no T-rating or PB-rating for catchers).
The following seasons are SADV from SOM (called Caddy seasons as opposed to Chevy seasons in the SOM community):
1954-1957
1959-present

Also, I believe that some of the more modern sets have some SADV components, but not all, particularly since members of the community frequently ask about whether some of those seasons will be updated.

Also, if SOM gave their entire catalog to this game, that would conflict with their main product. Each Caddy season is $22; each Chevy season is $11. And there's no way of looking at the cards without buying the season.

Lastly, keeper leagues happen now. I have one getting ready for its 22nd season. And I believe keeper leagues are popular in the mystery formats.
Palanion

Postby Salty » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Well,
trying not to be too much of a curmudgeon--
but Im wondering when these updates will actually occur?

Is there a date when we will start seeing some of the new players that have been requested in the threads or did I miss something?
Salty

Postby athleticsfan2kx » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:02 pm

Well i really love free trial games for Strat-O-Matic Games, i will love to see have more ideas on Free Strat-O-Matic Play so you can purchase a Free Strat-O-Matic Team for No Money so you can play Strat-O-Matic Online for Free with no limit of teams that you own.

1. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Free Season Length: Choose Between 21, 30, 60, or 81 games (162 will be only avaliable if you can join a pay league)
2. Playoff Lengths (For Longer Season Length; if 60 or 81 games in Free Only)
3. Basic Card Image (That you can Strat-O-Matic in any level by choosing Basic or Advanced for Free, but for the pay version you could add a Super Advanced Option.)
4. Create a Player (Card Image is based on Nameless Player Cards from Strat-O-Matic Baseball all fully computed and statistically set up)
5. More Strat-O-Matic Cards (well i will always see players from all Caddy seasons)
6. Print and Play your Strat-O-Matic Cards from the website without buying or the computer, i hope it's the longshot so it will save money to buy more cards for sure!
7. League Sizes (For Playing Free Strat-O-Matic Online Games)
athleticsfan2kx

Postby nevdully's » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Wow athleticsfan has been a member since 09 and this is only his 7th post....Someone outta tell him posts are free.
nevdully's

Postby jeffw70 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:53 pm

how do i get my incentive i referred someone and it has been a week and a half do i need to do something in order to get my credit
jeffw70

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx