Now playing: The 2009 Season

Not sure, but I think I had the same thing happen to me....

Postby gbrookes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm

...Mahoots (hi there!). I was using a credit from a playoff team. I did what you just said, and then it seemed to return me back to the beginning again.

What I did (if I remember right) is...

-I didn't close any windows.
-I created a new window.
-I went to my team center. At my team center I ACTUALLY DID FIND MY NEW TEAM. THEN I JUST CLICKED ON IT AND KEPT ON GOING with the usual team player picking routines.

See if this works for you (????). Hope it helps you. It worked for me.

Geoff
gbrookes

Postby bernieh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:37 am

Mahoots, I just logged in as you and had no trouble using your 1 remaining credit to create a new 2009 team... I'm not sure what it is you're experiencing. Try the usual, log out, log back in, clear your cache, etc. If you still have trouble, please let us know at stratomatic@sportingnews.com to get more direct assistance.

Ninersphan, I'm going to try to get to it next week.
bernieh

thanks again

Postby The Mahoots » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 am

Thank you both...the new team showed up this morning, and I will see if my five pack works with the Geoff's sequence...nice community ..these Strat folks are

thanks
Mahootma
The Mahoots

Re: Now playing: The 2009 Season

Postby pcbaseballsims » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 pm

[quote="bernieh"]SportingNews.com is proud to present:

[size=16:aeebc0477a][b:aeebc0477a]Strat-O-Matic Baseball: The 2009 Season[/b:aeebc0477a][/size:aeebc0477a]
http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/stratomatic/about/player_set_2009.html

Wheres the link to '09 season PARKS?
pcbaseballsims

More help

Postby The Mahoots » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Bernieh ;

Whatever you did last time please do it again !
I won a championship last nigh with the 2008 cards..and tried to us my two credits to purchase two 2009 teams... and it just keeps bouncing back.....
please help me to figure this out and get me access

thanks
Michael
The Mahoots

Postby AeroDave10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Here's a link to that God-forsaken "Unleashed" set

[url]http://forums.sportingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=5089116&sid=25eac30c433d048aa56ed5179aefc451[/url]
AeroDave10

2009u Blues

Postby Junior Guidry » Sun May 02, 2010 4:22 pm

I joined a 2009 league after unwittingly drafting a team from a set that includes the "U" flukes. While I don't quibble with the distinction of creating alternate leagues with fluke players, the site is woefully unclear about what you're getting yourself into.

I thought I would simply join a 2009 league and I was excited about that prospect. What a huge letdown.

Our league appeared to have been banished from the 2009 directory. We had four teams, then three, then two. I could hardly blame teams for leaving -- nothing was happening. Then, I discovered by scrolling way down the league directory, our sole 2009u league was mixed up among a bunch of other leagues, far removed from any other 2009 leagues. You'd have to be a detective wizard or desperately unlucky -- like me -- to have stumbled into this black hole.

I don't like to abandon leagues, but Strat-O gives me little choice. My team will die on the vine here because I unwittingly picked players from a 2009 set that had 11 flukes players in it, none of whom I drafted anyway. Is there anyone else out there willing to draft 2009u? Can you even find a 2009u player set if you tried?

Or should I just move on and start from scratch? This is easily the worst Strat-O-Matic experience I've had (other than those brought on by my marginal drafting abilities).
Junior Guidry

Postby gbrookes » Tue May 04, 2010 9:34 am

You may wish to check out the "Twisted Reality" league - see the thread on the bulletin board. It is a concept league based on real life teams (minimum requirement is 19 players from the original real life team you have picked). There is a draft to pick the teams. There is also something like an expansion draft that favors the underdog teams. BUT it IS using the set with the fluke players, so if it is of interest to you, you could use that for your team purchase.

I am sorry to hear of your frustration! Stuff like that can drive you crazy!

Geoff
gbrookes

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx