Great rotation but

Postby Assmeriten » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:34 pm

Still trying to set up my waiver picks. There are some lower price * pitchers that I might consider in place of Oswalt. But it is hard of course. Team would have been better if i had gotten Thome and Dunne who were picks 4 and 5 on my draft card. 1 was Johnson, 2 was Santana, and 3 was Zambrano. Oswalt was number 8. Didn't get Vizquel or Pierre (who I wanted for DH.)

Other parks in divison are Petco, Angels, and Busch. In the west are 2 cells, 1 Yankee and 1 Bankone. In the East there are Petco, Coors, PNC and Ameriquest (though the team name is STL Cardinals.)

So many things to decide before tomorrow. :?
Assmeriten

Postby visick » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:20 pm

Dump Oswalt for Trachsel if he's available. Greinke is the next choice.
visick

Postby STEPHENANDERSON 2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:29 pm

RJ won 29 games for me at Shea and on ttack for another 25 game season, but I do not think you have enuff hittinh. Drop one of the studs and get Mulder or Halama. Wagner or Natan for the pen. Valent of Roberts is a good cheap hitter.

Just my thoughts.
STEPHENANDERSON 2

Postby Jerlins » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:57 pm

I'd look to trade out Oswalt and Zambrano for Glavine, Lilly or Davis. Any of those three will do just as well in Shea as either of those other two, perhaps even better. If you have no luck in trading for them, Maroth is normally available, and again, a good value in Shea. Haven't played any Shea teams, but have had quite a bit of success in Safeco using those pitchers. Unless your division is righty oriented, you've spent too much on those two pitchers that can be spent on hitters.
Jerlins

Postby Assmeriten » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:42 am

Locked in my waiver picks. Have no plan yet for a legit closer unless I go back and add a claim on 1 with my last waiver pick. Hard to calculate how mouch money I would have have at that point.

Starters I might consider swapping Oswalt for that are currently on FA market are before the waiver draft are:
Benson
Drese
Willis (who can go down for 15 games)
Rogers
Zito (if I want a backwards lefty)
Assmeriten

Postby Assmeriten » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:46 am

If waivers go as expected I end up with 3 players out of 7 and have $400,000 left.
Assmeriten

Postby Valen » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:29 am

[quote:26a55d4238]Anyone who wonders about the impact of stolen bases in a winning strategy should have a look at the teams that lead the record for stolen bases.[/quote:26a55d4238]
I am one of those who believe in the stolen base. But I have had few teams built on the stolen base in strat for several reasons. First I do not believe that the game truly captures the value of the stolen base. But more importantly stealing for the sake of stealing usually leads to all the negative things stolen base opponents point out. Right now in today's game the players capable of stealing at the efficiency level I like have other seriousl flaws in their games. The current crop of basestealers also come equipped with weak arms in OF or poor on base percentages, or various other crippling flaws. And finally, especially in the ATG games the quality of catchers gets concentrated so few if any teams have catchers you can take advantage of. That reduces the value of the base stealer in strat. So in the 200x games I totally ignore the SB. I will still use it in the ATG game but never to an extreme.
Valen

Postby Assmeriten » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Lilly and Glavine are still there. For lead off I can always dh Young and lead him off especially against lefties. Had gone for Roberts for 2b and didn't get him.

For closers Wagner and Nathan are gone.
Gagne, Benitez, Foulke, Aquino, Kolb are there for now just to name a few.
Assmeriten

Postby geekor » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:08 pm

well personally I'd prefer Lilly over Glavine.

Is Davanon there to platoon with Young and to leadoff?

Or antoher platoon that worked really well for me was Branyan with Giambi at 1b, together they hit over 60 hr's!
geekor

PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx