Skill Level

Skill Level

Postby Elder_J » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:49 pm

Is there any way for the leagues to be set up by skill level? It's not very encouraging to see one or two of the top 20 managers in my league. I basically have no shot.
Elder_J

No Shot???

Postby The Turtle » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:56 pm

Everyone has a shot in 2005 with the adequate pricing done this year. Bargains no longer run the show here just picking your players to fit your stadium and generating a great home record. Read Lucky's (Marcus Wilby's) thread in the strategy section before drafting or atleast before waivers are over.

just remember BA means little and sort by OPS or at least OB %
The Turtle

Postby Jerlins » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:53 pm

If you're looking at the manager ratings, ignore them, that's as much amount of games played as it is anything else. Relax, have some fun, and learn from both your mistakes and other's successes.
Jerlins

Postby durantjerry » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:46 am

One or two top rated players in your league isn't bad. If you see five or six you probably have no shot.
durantjerry

Postby CHRISMORRIS » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:50 pm

If your team matches up well against the other teams in your division, you should be ok. Win your division, make the playoffs, and from there anything can happen. Of course my '05 record sucks so what do I know...
CHRISMORRIS

Postby Eddie E » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:35 am

Elder,

Dont worry. I just finished two auto leagues, had the best record in both of them, even with way more experienced managers in the league. I used to think the same thing as you, but with the dice rolls and other variables it isnt that easy. The only disadvantage guys like you and I have is that we only play three or four leagues a season so we havent learned all the cheap overperforming cards from being in a bunch of leagues. You still have a chance.
Eddie E

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx