Looking for some US Cellular advice and opinions.....

Looking for some US Cellular advice and opinions.....

Postby mlayers » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:23 pm

Here is my team link http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/team/team_other.html?user_id=20241

I think I should fare pretty well. Cota will spend most of the season on the bech as usual, but should put up pretty strong numbers when he does play. I dropped Pierre for Patterson in CF, I hope I did the right thing. I liked Patterson's power, speed and arm/def. I know his OBP is pretty low, but I think he will be ok. The other teams in my div are: Montreal, PNC, and Great American Ballpark. There is a Coors and Ameriquest in league, but no Wrigleys, Sheas or Petcos...how refreshing!! Here are my lineups:

vs lhp
patterson
dunn (dh)
guererro
konerko (1b)
tejada
beltre
torrealba
roberts
huff (lf)

vs rhp
roberts
dunn
beltre
guererro
tejada
cota
konerko
patterson
huff

2 questions....should I bat dunn 2nd and should I have someone else at cleanup vs rhp other than guererro? I think my pitching staff is pretty well set. Thanks for your inputs.

Boo Bonic
mlayers

Hello?

Postby mlayers » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:12 pm

Anybody there? Awful quiet around here.....
mlayers

Postby Leo / loob » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:27 pm

Not the help you were looking for, and, its not much, but Dunn should play LF and Huff DH (Dunn has 1 less E #)

That was just off the top of my head, now, let me looky more closely....
Leo / loob

Postby STEPHENANDERSON 2 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:46 pm

I bat Huff in the middle of my lineup. He should bat upwards of 300 with many Hr and RBI. You have a lot of meat though, but nonth is way too low. MAybe bat him 2nd and move Dunn down with all his K's,
STEPHENANDERSON 2

Postby mlayers » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:12 pm

Huff is a doubleplay waiting to happen. I figured I would surround him with speed, which is what I have done. I like his power at the end of the lineup. I have plenty of power throughout. I would still like some feedback as to whether dropping Pierre for Patterson was a good idea.

Boo Bonic
mlayers

Postby Leo / loob » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:22 pm

ummm, no....

Pierre BA and Speed at the top of that order would be huge....
Leo / loob

Postby mlayers » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:39 am

I agree that yes, Pierre is a good leadoff man, BUT his +3 arm is ugly. He steals alot of bases, BUT he gets thrown out alot also. With Roberts leading off against RHP, I feel pretty comfortable since I will face RHP most of the time. I really don't see that much of a loss not having a bonafide leadoff hitter against lefties. Patterson does have alot of positive attributes, power, speed, def range/-2arm. I would love other opinions on this. Thank you Leo for your input, I appreciate it. I am trying to figure out if my thinking on this was wrong.

Boo Bonic
mlayers

Postby worrierking » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:54 pm

Hey, I recognize that starting pitching staff! It's the same as my 109 win US Cellular team.

http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2005/playoffs/team_other.html?user_id=4476
worrierking

Postby MICHAELTARBELL » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:08 pm

When I am in Cell, I really like power too, but I feel you need a couple of guys that can get on and run well. I have gone with a platoon of davanon/bocachica in lf, giving me nice speed (1-14) and obp at the top of the lineup, and decent defense. Then I like a guy like drew second, again great obp and decent running speed(1-14). Seems to set the table nicely for the "BOOMERS" in the order, of which you have plenty!

I do not like Pierre here for the reasons you have stated Boo, but not a huge fan of Patterson, simply because you have plenty of power, but need someone that can get on....I am sure Kotsay is not available, but a very nice cf for the price, and can lead off vs lefties...
MICHAELTARBELL

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx