Giving Up The Game - Lack of Interest

Giving Up The Game - Lack of Interest

Postby aabilo » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:49 pm

Just a note on the fact that I will not be playing TSN/SOM any more. The game is not interesting. In the prior 3 seasons, I won 9 titles with 45 teams, including 3 2001 titles. 2 2002 titles and 4 2003 titles. I just cant get into the game. I had 14 2005 credits, and have only used 7, an indication of my lack of interest. The last 3 seasons were fun, but now I find the game boring, and will play until my credits run out. Anyone else who has been around since 2001 feel the same way about the game?
aabilo

Postby Leo / loob » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:33 pm

sorta, the 200x games are so one dimential....

Please, as you have proved that you are a good customer, and, are really not interested in the 200x games.....

Show this post to an email to Larry. Do this from any teams home page using the contact us link. In the same email, ask Larry to transfer your remaining credits to BTT80's and ATG2.

Do so, in hope that it rekindles your fire. At the very least, the last few teams you have, wont be so boring.

I too was bored of the 200x games, and, have found my niche in the ATG realm, soooo many possibilites to build whatever team you want.
Leo / loob

I like 200X...

Postby Play By The Rules » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:08 pm

...but this year it's not so interesting to be honest. Only a handful of SP that I would ever use, some might say I'm not being adventurous, but my numbers say that most of them suck.

Perhaps next years' cards will be a little more interesting, who knows. I could never "quit," though.
Play By The Rules

Postby RiggoDrill » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:30 pm

IMO, It's harder to win by using "tricks" than it was in the past...

[list:56a1b291b0]No Eric Dubose's
No more freebie quality starters
You have to pay for gold glove middle IF's
Much harder to utilze [i:56a1b291b0]SuperReliever[/i:56a1b291b0] strategies[/list:u:56a1b291b0]

There are values available, but you've got to be a lot more creative. I think this year's cards are plenty interesting. [b:56a1b291b0]2002[/b:56a1b291b0] was BY FAR the most boring card set. In 2002 and 2003, I basically built the same team over and over and over again.

[b:56a1b291b0]I mainly get tired of playing the standard format (80 mil cap, DH, and all player available)[/b:56a1b291b0]. However, you can solve that problem by playing different configurations/themes - 60/80/100 mil salary caps, DH or no-DH, and limited player pools like NL or AL-only.

2005 has a lot to offer, but yeah cranking out the 100+ win teams isn't as easy as it used to be...
RiggoDrill

Bye Bye

Postby LMBombers » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:29 am

I don't mean to be harsh but if you are not going to play this game any longer just leave and don't leave posts trying to bring the rest of us down. There are many that love this game including me. I hope you stick around and change your mind maybe after a short time away but if you just want to leave then :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: please leave.
LMBombers

Postby korkie » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 am

Not to sound as harsh as LM did but it seems as if your lack of success in the current game may be what's bothering you. After winning all those leagues in the past and not winning any here it's brought you down. I've felt this as well this year and get real pissed when my teams do horribly as they have been lately. But as PBTR says i'll never quit, just look for more ways to win. I can't blame the game, it's improved every year. There were some complaints early on but as I noted back then it was just unfamiliarality with the new cards. As people adjusted to them the complaints diminished.

Don't be bored, look for more ways to win!
korkie

Postby cirills » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:19 am

[quote:6da8935004]I could never "quit," though.[/quote:6da8935004]
We all know that "PBTR" ... :P
cirills

Postby the splinter » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:57 am

I enjoy 2005 as much as any other past year. Perhaps it is because I'm not a "data" driven G.M. I'm an old school card reader who likes to play/avoid his favorites/unfavorite players from real life. I have no set strategy. I will play in almost anypark( I do avoid the extremes...Coors/Shea etc) and go with either pitching/offense/balance(although I lean towards offense). For me it is about the what if/fantasy more than the # crunching(boring). In 2005 I have won a championship and been to the playoffs with regularity. I have also had some of my worst teams of all time.

If you are looking for a place to transfer those ugly unwanted creds....send them to someone who will enjoy them...me! :D
the splinter

Postby LMBombers » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:25 am

[quote:d8e7769ba2="korkie"]Not to sound as harsh as LM did [/quote:d8e7769ba2]

I certainly didn't want to be harsh in what I said earlier. I am sure that mrdata has very good reasons to stop playing TSN SOM.

In general though (and this has no bearing on mrdata in particular) I hate seeing posts that are either saying THIS GAME SUCKS :twisted: or other posts that seem to want us to beg someone to stay :cry: .

If somone wants to stop playing this great game then please just leave and don't try to bring us down with you or beg you to stay is all I am trying to say.

I mean no disrespect to mrdata in the above comments.
LMBombers

Postby durantjerry » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:26 am

I don't see how you could have lack of interst unless you stick to 2005 autoleagues, which can get boring. There are plenty of other games and league types to serve as a diversion when you get a little bored. Also, playing against the top players is never boring or easy and requires you to create new approaches and strategies on the fly. If you get bored, I would only play against the best to see what you are made of.
Fatty
durantjerry

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx