Reliever stats flawed??

Reliever stats flawed??

Postby LARRYLANG » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:26 am

Correct me if I'm wrong strat pros but I have had this situation happen on several ocassions. Dewon Brazelton starts gets blown out in 1 2/3..Lance Carter relieves and goes 2 1/3. My team comes back to win and Carter is awarded the win????? I thought the rule was the win was recorded to the pitcher of record for the end of 5th inning. Why is Carter awarded a win when he was not the pitcher of record?? Any thoughts.. I am not great with the computer so I don't really know how to copy this game or one of the others for you to see. Any comments would be appreciated. Larry
LARRYLANG

Postby pinhead1987 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:47 am

OK, I could be wrong but the starter has to go at least 5 innings to get credit for a win. If the starter doesn't go at least 5 innings and your team is losing when the starter is pulled the pitcher who recorded the last out before your team took the lead for good is the pitcher who gets credit for the win. But, if the starter only goes say 4 innings and gets hurt and leaves with the lead and your team doesnt give the lead up the rest of the game the win is credited to the reliever who did the best job. It's the official scorer's choice.
pinhead1987

relievers

Postby LARRYLANG » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:50 am

OK Pinhead that makes sense to me. I looked back at that particular game again and I did take the lead while Carter was in.. Maybe the 5 th inning thing only applies to the starter--That does make sense. Thanks for the reply
LARRYLANG

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx