OKAY NOW post on this board!!!!

OKAY NOW post on this board!!!!

Postby DOUGGRAY » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:58 pm

This is completely idiotic that anyone of us need to post on 2 different boards.

Everyone just post on the old board until TSN realizes that its dumb to have both boards.
Last edited by DOUGGRAY on Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOUGGRAY

Postby Jeepdriver » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:23 pm

I would even take it a step further and urge everyone to NOT buy any teams until this issue is resolved. It's ridiculous, and not fun any more.
Jeepdriver

Postby CHADGUMM » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:58 pm

I actually was thinking just the opposite. Since we are all going to eventually move on over here, why not start posting here now. What are people waiting for? An invitation. If not for my continued involvement in a few leagues, I wouldn't check the old boards at all anymore.

yeah yeah yeah, I know. People don't like change. But change is a part of life. Although TSN does need to get its act together ASAP. Because this simply can't be good for business.
CHADGUMM

Postby CHADGUMM » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:00 pm

Actaully, scratch that last post. I'd rather get a jump start on Penngray on total number of posts on this forum. :D ;)
CHADGUMM

DO POST ON THESE BOARDS!!!

Postby mesquiton » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:17 pm

Penngray, the fact is we DO need 2 boards going until all the essential stuff on the old boards (standings, rules, league info, etc.) is copied and pasted to the new boards.

TSN has already said they won't port content from the old boards to the new. If that's the case, it makes no sense to shut down the old boards immediately (or make them read-only, as planned) so we can't get into our posts in edit mode there to copy them over here without losing formatting.

Instead of discouraging, you should be ENCOURAGING people to get essential posts copied over here BEFORE the old boards are shut down, and also to get used to these boards so the transition will be smoother and people will be familiar with this board before the old one shuts down.

You also seem to forget that this is a BETA board, and part of the reason for posting here now is to help get the bugs ironed out BEFORE the old board shuts down.

I do agree that TSN has dropped the ball and should immediately get direct links to this board from the games to encourage more people to get used to posting here BEFORE the mandatory changeover.

I understand your desire to complete the change as soon as possible, I'd like that too. But discouraging people from posting here in the meantime is not helpful.

The sooner people get used to posting here, the sooner the old boards can be shut down without major disruption, and the sooner folks can get over it.
mesquiton

Penn's point

Postby Play By The Rules » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:29 pm

Having two weak boards has cost the community and is affecting the number of leagues. It takes forever to fill a board league now and so everyone has to be very, very patient, or else play in the dreaded autoleagues.

It sucks and something needs to be done. What the h*ell is Larry doing that he can't change the links to come over here instead of over there?
Play By The Rules

Postby Jeepdriver » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:54 am

PBTR - That's my feelings. I'm sorely missing the chit chat and general talk among guys in our leagues. Leagues that had daily diologue now has NO ONE posting or saying anything. I'll log onto the boards 6 hours after I was last there, and they will be maybe '2' posts on the entire noards during that time. :cry:
Jeepdriver

Postby DOUGGRAY » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:35 am

The point here is we must switch or dont switch....

Do I have to explain the details :shock:

stop people from posting on the old boards and we will move here. The old board wont allow posting BUT OBVIOUSLY it will allow us to view and copy anything we need to bring here.

UNTIL TSN shuts down the one board this is not going to move.

Mav, its DUMB, DUMB, DUMB to have things running on 2 boards. We should tell TSN this by simply not posting here until they figure out how to CORRECTLY implement new software.

I think 2% of the SOM group posts here, I tried to count them. Obviously this isnt working yet!!

STAY on the old boards and you guys wont miss anything. Who the heck posts here anyways :roll:
DOUGGRAY

Postby korkie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:41 am

By the lack of response from TSN it appears they too haven't made the switch here either. :roll:

Mav- Penn's idea makes better sense because people don't care to search for these boards. When the link is changed that's when we should all make the switch....
korkie

Postby DOUGGRAY » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:17 am

I think this is the ONLY way to push them to do the right thing.

You think they would have posted in this thread with some sort of comment. Are they monitoring anything?
DOUGGRAY

Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx