My first team (link to team included now)

My first team (link to team included now)

Postby Eielson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:12 pm

I just got my first team. Tell me if this a good roster. I have 3 Starting pitchers with ERAs below 3 and 2 under 2.35. A closer with an ERA under 1.5. Several relief pitchers between 2.00 and 3.00. I have like four of the top 10 base stealers who have batting averages of like .300. The most power one guy has on my team is only like 27 HR, but I think I am about to get some more power. By the way my ball park is extremely lopsided towards left handed hitters and right handed pitchers and I all but my #4 starter and a cheap reliever are lefties. My best hitting and the hitting I am bringing in is also a majority of lefties.
Last edited by Eielson on Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eielson

Postby LMBombers » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:43 pm

Mr Like, I can't tell anything from your post. Post a link to your team or type out the roster for us to see. Also give us your home park as well as the 3 other parks in your division. We will be able to better help you with more information.

I look at WHIP much more so than ERA myself. Other factors for pitching include BPHR symbols "#". Depending on your park you either want pitchers with very few (a hitters park) or to have some (a pitchers park) because those pitchers would be a better value for you.
LMBombers

Welcome to strat!

Postby geekor » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:31 pm

Eilson, welcome ot the addiction!

anyways LM is right, the real life stats don't tell you much, the card tells you all.

Best way to show your team is this:

1: go to the statistics page of you league
2: click on your team from there.
3: copy that URL (web address). It should have a ?userid= at the end of it followed by your teams number.
4: paste that link here so we can see you team and really analyze it.
geekor

Postby the splinter » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:51 pm

Whatever you do make sure you take the time to read Marcus Wilbey's post in the strategy thread titled newbie advice. Everything you need to know to compete at the highest level is there for the reading.
the splinter

Postby Eielson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:31 pm

alright thanks guys. It is only a free trial team. I am not sure how to post it and don't really feel like trying to figure it out. And it isn't a big deal and I guess if you want to call me Eilson it is Okay but it is Eielson. Everybody seems to do that.
Eielson

Postby Eielson » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:12 pm

[url]http://fantasygames.sportingnews.com/baseball/stratomatic/2003/team/team_other.html?user_id=96269[/url]
This a link to my team finally on the fifth try.
Last edited by Eielson on Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Eielson

Postby MARCPELLETIER » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:10 pm

Your link doesn't work.

Don't put too much emphasis on stolen bases and batting average. These are very important stats in fantasy leagues, but way overestimated stats for real life and strat.

Put emphasis on on-base and slugging, instead.
MARCPELLETIER

Postby Eielson » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:13 pm

My link work now Marcus Wilby. :oops:
Eielson

omg there are so many good Fa's left....

Postby geekor » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Assuming Pete's site still works right....

There are so many good Fa's out there. I would grab G Anderson, ASAP. Edmonds, Helton, Thome are all good upgrades.

The problem I see with your team is not enough LH power, and, though very good Sp's, they are all RH.

The only 2 pitcher I'd see have to go (if you keep everything else) is redding and Betencourt. Both have too many BP HR's vs lefties.

If it were me (obviously luckyman, sorry marcus wilby is a much better strat player than me) I would downgrade Schmidt and Kim to Mulder and Seo. then change out hasegawa for Spoony and Betencourt (change him no matter what) for Fuentes.

That would net 4.38 mil more to upgrade that offense. that alone could upgrade Crawford to GA.

of course I'd not use any SP over 5 mil personally and outslug them, but I'm a little different! :P I don't think that offense will score enough personally.
geekor

Postby Eielson » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:50 pm

I dropped Schmidt, Crawford, and Betancourt for Edmonds and Telemaucho (spelling isn't right).
Eielson

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx