Saying Farewell of sorts - Owners in my leagues Please Read

Saying Farewell of sorts - Owners in my leagues Please Read

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:10 pm

... I've thought about this for a couple of days ... and I've decided that I strongly dislike the new message board format. Perhaps it is because I was lucky enough to have only rare difficulty with the InfoPop Forums.

Anyways I do not have the interest, energy or patience to get accustomed to these new forums. Maybe I'm not in the mood to be a sheep any more and be happy with what TSN gives us. However considering I've always been pretty satisfied with the level of Customer Service I've gotten personally from TSN, I doubt that is it.

Rather, times change, and I no longer wish to dedicate too much time or effort into SOM. And having to deal with this transition to the new forums is exactly that. It is too much of a headache for me to deal with, considering the # of keeper & theme leagues I like to run, especially since TSN won't be transferring the posts from the old forums to these new forums.

Unfortunately this means that I will, soon enough, have to back out of multiple commitments that I've made. So long as the old forums continue to function I will run the following leagues:

FRKL - 2005
Team Based Theme Keeper - 200x
The Naturals - ATG II
Exploring ATG Throughout the Ages - ATG II

However I will NOT be transferring these leagues to the new forums. If owners of these leagues wish to continue the leagues, they can do so on these forums without my presence, or I can set up a Yahoo group for each league and run them there. That will be for the owners of each league to decide.

As for the SOM Tour, so long as an owner is willing to give me a headsup via e-mail as to when the next Event is to occur, I will do my utmost to fulfill my Tour commitment.

Anyways this will be my last post on these new forums, unless absolutely necessary. I will almost never check in here. I will continue to play in autodraft leagues when I so desire. I apologize if this looks like I am wanting for attention or something along those lines. I am not intending such. Merely, I felt, it was necessary, due to the commitments I made before this "new forums" appeared, to give those owners a fair warning.

After the old forums are shut down - if you wish to reach me - you may do so at arryl@hotmail.com - otherwise I wish you all the best.
ArrylT

Postby CHADGUMM » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:13 pm

I'm bummed you won't be around anymore AT. :( Always really enjoy your theme leagues. Maybe at some point in the future you'll miss these old boards and come back and check in from time to time. The community won't be the same without ya.
CHADGUMM

Arryl don't go!

Postby geekor » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:16 pm

Dude you're bumming me out. AT don't go. I understand the new boards take alittle getting used to, but they really arne't all that different. You are a well liked and respected member of this community. In fact you were my first exposure to theme leagues! :cry:

Seriously Arryl, don't leave man. Maybe take a break, but don't leave permanently. You will be missed es mucho grande.
geekor

Postby The Biomechanical Man » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:53 pm

AT,

Taking a break isn't such a bad idea. I got burnt out on our obsession a few months ago, and left the message boards for a while. I even got to the point where I had no Strat team for several weeks. I enjoyed the break. and now I enjoyed coming back.

Go out, take a break. Enjoy life. Then, when you're ready, come on back and join us again. :D

- The Biomechanical Man (a.k.a Glenn F)
The Biomechanical Man

Postby the splinter » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:15 pm

AT- I'm sure once TSN gets its act together(yes it may take awhile) by dropping the "beta" designation and direct linking our account page to these new boards it will be a more simple adjustment.

I'm like you in that I have no problems with the old boards outside of the poorly timed(how can you time it well?) down times. However, I'm not going to let the adjustment spoil my fun.

Looking over your profile and just seeing how your #'s(posting,start date etc) stand out tells me you won't/can't be gone for long.

8)
the splinter

Hoping AT gets over his fit of pique...

Postby RiggoDrill » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:29 pm

SOMO can't afford to lose one of its best. Here's hoping the vacation doesn't last TOO long... :wink: :mrgreen: :D
RiggoDrill

Wait and see for now

Postby mighty moose » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 am

Like anything else, it's a learning curve. If they are not able to give us notifications that give us the message [b:333b10ea3b]CONTENT[/b:333b10ea3b] in the e-mail, then I consider it a huge step backward and I will feel the same way. However, Larry did say publicly that they are intent on making it as full featured as the old boards.

So, I will wait and see. If they can't or won't make it as good as the old boards, then I may do the same and someone else can take over the records posting for all the strat games. - MM :roll:
mighty moose

Postby Cubs48 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:14 pm

...here's hoping it's a short vacation...this community needs folks like you.. :D
ScottC
Cubs48

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online 20xx